Awesomesauciness & Flowers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continue This Story: Carpet

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Continue This Story: Carpet - Page 4 Empty Re: Continue This Story: Carpet

Post by AmyFawkes Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:10 am

As I stared down at the beautiful carpet, inconceivable thoughts began to enter my head. Where did it come from? I wondered. What's it doing in my house? It looked like it was from Egypt. The textures were intricate and delicate. I heard a noise and jerked my head upward. It was my mom. "Hey mom, where'd this carpet come from?" I asked.
"It is an ancient artifact from the Silk Road! Isn't it lovely?" She said. "Oh, yes." I said. But for some reason, I felt it was more than that. It was a strange feeling. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. "Where did you get this?" I asked Mom.
"From my friend. Why, hun?" She responded.
"Do you know where your friend got it?" I asked. "And what friend?"
"I'm certain she said it was old and on the street." She responded. "And it was my friend from collage!" "Mmm..." I said. I was thinking. From the street? What did that mean? "What do you mean on the street, Mom?" I asked.
"It was found on the sidewalk." She responded. "And what street was this?" I asked. "I'm not sure." replied my mom.
I kept staring at it until I absorbed every little aspect of it's beauty. What about it was so mesmerizing? "Mom, how expensive was this?" I asked. "I don't know." she said. "I told you, my friend found it on the street."
I studied it intently. Then i had an idea. "Mom, can I take this to school tomorrow? I think my history teacher would be fascinated and know where it came from!"

"Oh, yes!" she said. "It is rather curious, isn't it?" She was now wrapped in her afternoon chores, cooking dinner.

They next day the carpet was in my bag. It was heavy, but I managed to hold onto it. Finally, I reached school. I hurried to my history teacher. "Mr. Krier, do you know what this is?" I asked, taking it out and showing him.

"That is an interesting design!" He exclaimed. "Where did you get it?"
"My mom's friend found it on the street." I replied. "I was hoping you'd know where it came from." He thought for a moment, examining the luscious and brilliant designs. After a few minutes, he said, "I do believe this came from Bukhara, a town of the Silk roads! We're in luck, we're studying about the silk roads today!" He said with a victorious grin. "Are you sure? Is that it?" I asked urgently. He smiled a mysterious smile. "You shall see."

Later during class, he presented my carpet. "Class, this is a perfect example of what we've been talking about so far!" Said the teacher. "Here is an example of Bukhara's famous carpets and gold embroidery!" He nodded. "And this is another example of something we talked about last week! Can anyone tell me what it is?"

I raised my hand. "Um... the fact that they put such beautiful designs in it so it costs more and attracts more people to buy it?"
"Close." he said. When nobody raised their hand, he said, "Some believed it had magic in it."
Everyone "oooh"ed. "He never taught that in class." whispered some students.
"Some believed these carpets were the carpets of certain types of gods." he continued. "This one, for example, is believed to be one of a rain god."
Someone raised their hand. "How can you tell?" They asked.
"There are many embroidered blue dots on this carpet. There are always a symbol which you can tell."
"How much is it worth?" Asked another kid.
"I would estimate... $1,400 of US money!" He answered.
"That's it?" I said. "I thought it would have been worth more."
"Well, then it was worth that much. Right now, I'm not sure exactly how rare or antique it is, so I'm not sure."
"It looks like it costs billions!" One student shouted. "Chances are, that's how much it does cost." said Mr. Krier.
"Really!?" One student asked in amazement.
"Can I take it home?" Said another.
"Hey! That's mine!" I said. "My mom trusted me with that carpet, I don't want to lose it."
"Lucky!" One student shouted.
"Now class, settle down." The teacher said, getting back to the lesson.

I walked home with the carpet in my hands, knowing that somebody would take it if I left it in my backpack. The kids that were in my class were nudging each other, and their friends in other classes, and pointing. Everyone was staring at the carpet with jealousy. I started hurrying home in fear that I would get beat up for the carpet. I ran as fast as I could and entered my house. "Mom, I found out about the carpet!" I yelled for her.
"What? What about it?" She asked.
"I found out how much it was worth!" I said.
"Really? How much?"
"About a couple million probably!" I responded.
"Interesting..." she responded. "I wonder why my friend just gave it to me."
"Did she know?" I asked.
"I don't know. Let me ask." She reached for the phone, dialing 123-456-789 into the phone. "Hello? Susan? Are you there?"
I froze as I heard a scream coming from the phone. Then it sounded like it was being muffled by somebody. Somebody else came to the phone. My mom looked so frightened.
"That carpet is not safe," said the voice as our phone was put on loud speaker, "Bring it to me or both Susan and you die."
Ransom! It was definitely ransom! Suddenly, the carpet began to float. Everything turned dark. I couldn't see mom or anything. Just the carpet. Only that carpet. It stared at me as it seemed to flow around me like water. I couldn't hear anything, and when I shouted out "Mom!' I spoke nothing. I couldn't hear, speak or see. The carpet seemed to float higher. Or farther, I couldn't tell. As if it was a magic carpet. I started getting scared. This reminded of me of 'See no Evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil' but rather I was not seeing, hearing, or speaking and only saw something evil. It was scary. Really, what was happening?

"Annie." I heard a voice say. It didn't sound like anyone I knew. It was a woman's voice. "Annie." It repeated. It didn't seem to know any other words.
"The sun'll come out, tomorrow..." Suddenly another voice started singing 'Tomorrow.'
Then suddenly "Not today." Everything went even darker.
It began to rain. Not really. It just felt wet everywhere and i heard the steady beat of raindrops on the invisible floor.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female
Number of posts : 11036
Status : I'll be by your side forever, so smile on and ever~
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:05 pm

As I stared down at the beautiful carpet, inconceivable thoughts began to enter my head. Where did it come from? I wondered. What's it doing in my house? It looked like it was from Egypt. The textures were intricate and delicate. I heard a noise and jerked my head upward. It was my mom. "Hey mom, where'd this carpet come from?" I asked.
"It is an ancient artifact from the Silk Road! Isn't it lovely?" She said. "Oh, yes." I said. But for some reason, I felt it was more than that. It was a strange feeling. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. "Where did you get this?" I asked Mom.
"I'm certain she said it was old and on the street." She responded. "And it was my friend from collage!" "Mmm..." I said. I was thinking. From the street? What did that mean? "What do you mean on the street, Mom?" I asked.
"It was found on the sidewalk." She responded. "And what street was this?" I asked. "I'm not sure." replied my mom.
I kept staring at it until I absorbed every little aspect of it's beauty. What about it was so mesmerizing? "Mom, how expensive was this?" I asked. "I don't know." she said. "I told you, my friend found it on the street."
I studied it intently. Then i had an idea. "Mom, can I take this to school tomorrow? I think my history teacher would be fascinated and know where it came from!"

"Oh, yes!" she said. "It is rather curious, isn't it?" She was now wrapped in her afternoon chores, cooking dinner.

They next day the carpet was in my bag. It was heavy, but I managed to hold onto it. Finally, I reached school. I hurried to my history teacher. "Mr. Krier, do you know what this is?" I asked, taking it out and showing him.

"My mom's friend found it on the street." I replied. "I was hoping you'd know where it came from." He thought for a moment, examining the luscious and brilliant designs. After a few minutes, he said, "I do believe this came from Bukhara, a town of the Silk roads! We're in luck, we're studying about the silk roads today!" He said with a victorious grin. "Are you sure? Is that it?" I asked urgently. He smiled a mysterious smile. "You shall see."

Later during class, he presented my carpet. "Class, this is a perfect example of what we've been talking about so far!" Said the teacher. "Here is an example of Bukhara's famous carpets and gold embroidery!" He nodded. "And this is another example of something we talked about last week! Can anyone tell me what it is?"

I raised my hand. "Um... the fact that they put such beautiful designs in it so it costs more and attracts more people to buy it?"
"Close." he said. When nobody raised their hand, he said, "Some believed it had magic in it."
"Some believed these carpets were the carpets of certain types of gods." he continued. "This one, for example, is believed to be one of a rain god."
"There are many embroidered blue dots on this carpet. There are always a symbol which you can tell."
"Well, then it was worth that much. Right now, I'm not sure exactly how rare or antique it is, so I'm not sure."
"It looks like it costs billions!" One student shouted. "Chances are, that's how much it does cost." said Mr. Krier.
"Hey! That's mine!" I said. "My mom trusted me with that carpet, I don't want to lose it."

I walked home with the carpet in my hands, knowing that somebody would take it if I left it in my backpack. The kids that were in my class were nudging each other, and their friends in other classes, and pointing. Everyone was staring at the carpet with jealousy. I started hurrying home in fear that I would get beat up for the carpet. I ran as fast as I could and entered my house. "Mom, I found out about the carpet!" I yelled for her.
"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.
"I don't know. Let me ask." She reached for the phone, dialing 123-456-789 into the phone. "Hello? Susan? Are you there?"
I froze as I heard a scream coming from the phone. Then it sounded like it was being muffled by somebody. Somebody else came to the phone. My mom looked so frightened.
"That carpet is not safe," said the voice as our phone was put on loud speaker, "Bring it to me or both Susan and you die."
Ransom! It was definitely ransom! Suddenly, the carpet began to float. Everything turned dark. I couldn't see mom or anything. Just the carpet. Only that carpet. It stared at me as it seemed to flow around me like water. I couldn't hear anything, and when I shouted out "Mom!' I spoke nothing. I couldn't hear, speak or see. The carpet seemed to float higher. Or farther, I couldn't tell. As if it was a magic carpet. I started getting scared. This reminded of me of 'See no Evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil' but rather I was not seeing, hearing, or speaking and only saw something evil. It was scary. Really, what was happening?

"Annie." I heard a voice say. It didn't sound like anyone I knew. It was a woman's voice. "Annie." It repeated. It didn't seem to know any other words.
"The sun'll come out, tomorrow..." Suddenly another voice started singing 'Tomorrow.'
It began to rain. Not really. It just felt wet everywhere and i heard the steady beat of raindrops on the invisible floor.
Suddenly, a song by JoJo began to play. "Let it rain..."
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female
Number of posts : 10196

https://awesomesauce.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:33 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

Suddenly, a song by JoJo began to play. "Let it rain..." [b]The song continued to play.

"Who are you!?" I shouted out in desperate need to get out of the darkness.
The song stopped. "I am the Carpet."
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:23 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

Suddenly, a song by JoJo began to play. "Let it rain..." The song continued to play.

"What?" I asked, confused. Maniacal laughter started.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

Suddenly, a song by JoJo began to play. "Let it rain..." The song continued to play.

"What?" I asked, confused. Maniacal laughter started. It didn't sound like the feminine voice of the carpet.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:39 am

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

"What?" I asked, confused. Maniacal laughter started. It didn't sound like the feminine voice of the carpet.

And suddenly I woke up in a cold sweat. Looking around, I just saw the dark starry night outside my bedroom window.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

And suddenly I woke up in a cold sweat. Looking around, I just saw the dark starry night outside my bedroom window. I sat up and looked around. My heart almost skipped a beat as my eyes were laid upon the remains of a house. Hung loosely on a pole was a sign that stated my last name. My house was destroyed... and my parents.

I couldn't tell; was the Carpet saving me from dying? Was it destroying the house while I was out? Just then, I noticed in the middle of the rubble was that same carpet, perfectly intact.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:03 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

And suddenly I woke up in a cold sweat. Looking around, I just saw the dark starry night outside my bedroom window. I sat up and looked around. My heart almost skipped a beat as my eyes were laid upon the remains of a house. Hung loosely on a pole was a sign that stated my last name. My house was destroyed... and my parents.

I couldn't tell; was the Carpet saving me from dying? Was it destroying the house while I was out? Just then, I noticed in the middle of the rubble was that same carpet, perfectly intact.
What was going on?
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:37 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

What was going on? I slowly approached it.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:37 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

What was going on? I slowly approached it. Nothing seemed to happen as I approached it. Suddenly, a light shone from it.

((Lol, this is our oldest story and it's still not done.))
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:24 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

What was going on? I slowly approached it. Nothing seemed to happen as I approached it. Suddenly, a light shone from it.
"Come." I heard a voice say. "Come.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:00 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

"Come." I heard a voice say. "Come.
And then the light... teleported me.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:34 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

"Come." I heard a voice say. "Come."
"Not again!" I shouted. "What are you going to do now!? You already have killed my family!"
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

"Not again!" I shouted. "What are you going to do now!? You already have killed my family!"
And then... came the blackness. Blackness.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:58 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

And then... came the blackness. Blackness. Everywhere.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:48 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

And then... came the blackness. Blackness. Everywhere. Just blackness.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:37 pm

"Really? How much?"
"Did she know?" I asked.

And then... came the blackness. Blackness. Everywhere. Just blackness.
"I'm going to take you to paradise."
And those were the last things I heard.

The end.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down