Awesomesauciness & Flowers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten Faith (The Full Version)

Go down

Forgotten Faith (The Full Version) Empty Forgotten Faith (The Full Version)

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Yes, there are two topics. I couldn't fit it all into one post, So I'll be making separate posts with a chapter in each post here.

Some posts will have more than one chapter, since many chapters are short.

Forgotten Faith

There’s that one person who will always remain in your heart despite the fact that she may have deferred away in your mind.

Upon laying her eyes on the young boy, her heart began to race and her cheeks burned with a hot flare of rushing blood. His brilliant smile just blocked out all evil of the village, and his kind laugh was the only sound she heard. Red eyes often symbolized evil, but his eyes shined with purity as bright as the sun.

He was perfect.

She wanted to do something for him, watch over him just like a guardian angel. But she knew there wasn’t anything she can do.

She was known as the girl who always wished for wings. She had always longed to fly.

He was the purest boy in the village. His angel guarded him, making sure he always remained pure.

The girl came across the boy one day by the river. It was a nice day, with the blue dome towering overhead clean of clouds and the green grass waving in the wind. The surrounding forest provided cool shade from the burning sun. The water rushed by, carrying various items down the stream.

The girl sat down on the opposite side of the river bank. She waved hello with a warm smile.

The boy smiled as she greeted him. He responded with the same motion.

It was completely quiet. The only sound was of the running water penetrated the silence.

The boy’s feet were dipped in the water, the current tickling his ankle. They swayed to the right, being pushed by the force of the rushing river. It was peaceful.

The boy glanced over. The girl gazed off into the distance. She’s beautiful…He thought, leaning forward to look closer at her face. He couldn’t see it well from the distance he was away from her. Unfortunately, in an attempt to see her better he fell into the water and the river swallowed him.

The girl snapped out of her daze and glanced over to see the boy flowing down the current, drowning in the waves. She gasped and dived into the roaring stream of water, swimming alongside the current.

I can do it! She thought as she kicked her legs faster. She grabbed a hold of the boy’s hand, bringing him up upon the water. With all of her strength, she threw him upon the shore. She climbed up with her remaining strength. Crawling over to the boy, it seemed he had stopped breathing.

No! She thought as she put both hands on his chest and pressed down. She did it repeatedly. The boy started to cough. The girl beamed, and pressed again once more and let go. He coughed again and the water spilled out of his mouth. His stomach started to move up and down and the sound of breathing came from his mouth. He was alive.

A shadow was cast upon the girl. She looked up to see, standing above her, a beautiful angel.

“Are you the one who saved him?” The angel asked in a voice so pure and smooth it sounded like the chime of a bell.

The girl nodded in response.

“You have something you long for, yes?” She asked. “As payment for saving his life, I shall grant your wish for you.”

The girl looked surprised. In a flash, her back had sprouted wings of a fairy, with the light of the sun bouncing off out the seemingly metallic wings, making them glitter in the radiant energy. She moved them back and forth, seeing that they were real.

“There is one condition though,” the angel said, “If you ever voice your feelings to him, you will disappear. I know you have fallen in love with him. So I have taken away your voice in exchange for your wings.”

The girl turned to the angel, standing up and bowing in gratitude. “Thank you,” she mouthed.

The angel smiled and disappeared as the boy’s eyes began to twitch.

The boy’s vision was blurred as his eyes started to open. A figure was sitting above him and her shadow was cast over him. As his vision started to clear up, he saw a beautiful fairy above him. Her wings sparkled in the sun, her light hair was gathered up on her right shoulder. Her blue eyes looked so sincere. Their gaze locked together and they maintained the position for several minutes before the fairy got up and flew away.

Such an enchanting creature....

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female
Number of posts : 11036
Status : I'll be by your side forever, so smile on and ever~
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Forgotten Faith (The Full Version) Empty Re: Forgotten Faith (The Full Version)

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:11 pm

The boy hoped he could see the fairy once more. He visited the river everyday. The fairy haunted his every waking moment. One day, he came across her dancing upon the river, as if she was doing ballet. Then she blasted off into the air and flew around in magnificent patterns. The fairy spotted him and descended to meet him eye to eye.

Their eyes gazed into one another for several minutes. It seemed as if time had been frozen and they would stay like that forever. Then suddenly the fairy held out her hand with a heartwarming smile. The boy looked down at her hand, and held out his own. The two hands intertwined. The boy smiled. This was a sign of friendship.

When the boy tried to pull his hand away, he found that the fairy had her grip firmly on him. She smiled and floated off the ground a bit, motioning for him to come with her. He smiled as he let her lift him with what seemed like immense strength, though the boy felt as light as a feather as his feet were pulled off of the earth’s surface. He dangled from her arm as they ascended higher into the air. Upon reaching the desired height, the fairy smiled, and with a sudden burst of speed flew in loops and hills, the wind smacking their faces and throwing their hair back. It felt like a roller coaster. The boy was frightened at first, but then came to enjoy it.

Landing on the surface once again, gravity seemed to hit him and he no longer felt as if he could float any second. The boy and the fairy exchanged smiles.

“What is your name?” The boy finally asked. The fairy could only hang her head low in gloom for she couldn’t even voice out her name to the boy who had her heart. The boy looked at her face. “What is wrong?”

The fairy looked up and waved her hands around, indicating that everything was fine. In desperate need to avoid him, she waved goodbye and flew up and off.

“Wait!” The boy shouted, but the fairy had already gone. He stared into the distance in which the fairy had disappeared into. “I want to see her again…”

The angel watched him with solemn eyes. “He’s already fallen in love with her. This isn’t good.” She muttered. “That boy is mine.”

The fairy flew toward the sun, toward the village in which she had grew. Such a beautiful voice… I wish he could hear mine…

The fairy landed in front of the household where she was born. She held her hand on the doorknob for several minutes, slightly reluctant to enter. Perhaps her parents would be surprised? Perhaps they would expel her from the house for she was no longer human? There was only one way to find out. She slowly twist the knob, poking her head inside. Skipping inside the house, she silently closed the door. Upon laying her foot inside, it felt as if she was a normal girl once again.

“Who’s there?” came a call from her mother. Delighted, the fairy rushed to the source of the voice.

“Mother?” She mouthed. The women smiled as the fairy came in, but then was shocked upon laying her eyes on the wings.

“Who are you!?” The mother roared fiercely. The fairy cowered back toward the door. “Where is my little girl?”

The fairy let out a silent whimper as her eyes filled of tears. Had they not known it was her dream to fly and have wings? She thought they would recognize her. Her heart hung heavy and a tear fell as the fairy escaped through the open door.

Sitting upon a tall tree, the girl dug her face into her leaf-green skirt, soaking her beautiful dress with salty tears. She felt her heart break as her family shunned her away. Only the sound of falling drops of water came from her as she soundlessly weep up above.

It is my dream. I put this fate upon myself, she thought, wiping her tears with her arm, is this the price I must pay? Not being able to be with my love, not being able to be with my family? It is horrible. She burst into tears again. Why does my dream of being free trap me in a cage of pain?
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:12 pm

The dragon moaned. He brushed his claw against a flower, and then violently stabbed it.

“Why did that dreaded fairy reject me in such a violent way?” asked to dragon to particularly nobody, reminiscing his past. “Such creatures have no senses! They feel nothing! They can’t even be kind!” he roared, stepping on a patch of flowers. “At least they are no more. Now they are just puny entities of earth. So easily squashed and punished for their sin. Yes… that’s right. They’re no more.”

“I wouldn’t say that,” said a feminine voice. The dragon twisted his long neck to meet his eyes with the source of the voice. There on a rock sat an angel. “There is one fairy left.”

The fairy found herself, once again, soaring through the air, high above the clouds. She discovered it was the only way she could run away from the gloom of reality. Although she felt free, her head hung low for the price of this freedom came with things irreplaceable.

The dragon cut the air with his sharp wings, eyes hungry to find the fairy. Looking around wildly, he saw her drifting with the breeze, smoothly and slowly.

His eyes widened in pure hatred. It’s that fairy! He thought fiercely. The fairy that crumpled all of his dreams, the fairy that drove him into madness, the fairy that drove the rest of her kin into hiding! She is still alive! Impossible!

A deep rumble came from the back of his throat. The fairy, hearing the growl ring in her ears, turned around to see a ferocious azure dragon charging at her. A soundless scream exited her mouth as she immediately started to dash off and race for her safety. The dragon caught up with the small fairy with ease, clutching her in his grasp. His humongous claw covered her mouth and nose, and with lack of oxygen, she fainted.

The fairy opened her eyes slowly. She gasped and backed into the wall behind as she saw two large sapphire eyes staring straight at her, accompanied by warm, stinky breath falling upon her.

“It’s nice seeing you again,” the dragon hissed. “How did you live!?” he roared.

The fairy tried backing up more, only to press her back upon the rocky wall of the cave.

The dragon looked anxiously at her. “Fine,” he said, “I’ll just have to kill you again!”

The fairy scrambled to the side as the huge claw dug into the wall. Flapping her wings rapidly, she lifted herself off of the ground. The dragon roared and clawed at her again. She was too swift for him.

The flowers in the cave started to sway, although there was no breeze. They seemed to sing, but that may have been the rustle of leaves and petals. But it really seemed like a melody, a lullaby came from the plants. Soon the dragon fell drowsy, collapsing on the floor on his side.

“Run!” A little voice cried. It definitely was the flowers, the fairy was sure. Taking the chance, she flew out of the cave in haste.

Soon after, the dragon awoke. Realizing the fairy was gone, he cursed out his anger. He trampled all of the flowers madly.

“You did this!” he screamed, “You wretched fairies! Just you watch, all of you. I’ll get her and there’s nothing you can do!” He growled and looked out of the entrance with mad, bloodshot eyes. Unfolding his wings, he took off.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 pm

The fairy burst into her house. Her parents were alarmed by her presence.

“Stay back, monster!” Her mother screamed. The fairy didn’t listen, instead gracefully skipping over and embraced both of her parents. The stood in shock as they felt tears fall upon their shoulders.

A violent earthquake shook the house. The fairy frantically turned around. She ran outside of the door, seeing the blue dragon fiercely standing upon her. She glanced back at her parents with a serene look, and then once again took off.

She hurriedly met the village boy once more. A wide smile spread across his face.

“Oh! It feels like it has been ages since I’ve seen you!” He smiled. He noticed the worry in the fairy’s face. “W-what’s wrong?”

The fairy stared into his eyes for a moment. “I love you,” she mouthed, then approached him swiftly. The next moment, their lips were locked tight together.

The dragon roared and approached the fairy from behind, raising his claw to strike. The fairy didn’t move, instead still hugging the boy tight. The dragon’s claw came down with a violent swipe.

Just as the claw was about to pierce the fairy, she exploded into millions orbs of light. The dragon snorted. “She’s gone.” He growled. He took off once more, this time in peace.

The boy stared is awe. Tears swelled in his eyes as the lights started to ascend to the heavens. “She’s… gone.” The tears started leaking out of his eyes. “She’s gone…”

“Do you have a wish?” A feminine voice suddenly sounded. The boy turned around with a wet face, tears still streaming from his eyes.

Through the blur of his eyes, he saw a girl with long flowing hair and wings of an angel. “Wh-who are you…?” he stuttered out, hiccuping.

“Your guardian angel,” she smiled. “Are you troubled?”

“My guardian angel!” he shouted, both surprised and angered. “You are supposed to protect me, aren’t you!?”

“Yes,” she answered.

“Why… why didn’t you protect her?”

“I am not her guardian. She is none of my concern.”

“Then you did a bad job protecting me…” he looked sternly at her eyes, “I loved her.”

The angel flinched. Love…?

“I loved her,” he repeated, “And you broke my heart knowing that there was somebody that could have protected her but didn’t.”

The angel looked down in disappointment. He wasn’t supposed to love her. He was supposed to be pure. He was supposed to be mine.

She looked up. “Very well. Is there anything I could do for you?”

“Bring her back.”

“That is beyond my ability.”

“Then leave!” he shouted. “I wasn’t ready to say goodbye… I wasn’t ready…”

The angel looked at him with soft eyes. “If you wish, I will erase your memories so you will never remember her.”

He looked at the angel. “It is my only choice.”

The angel nodded. She put her fingers to his forehead, and within a moment the boy collapsed.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 pm

There was one orb of light that had not become one with the sun. It was the biggest one, radiating with pure energy. It was the fairy’s heart.

While the angel and the boy had their quarrel, that light planted itself into the ground. That light became the life of a small bud.

The boy pranced around with a bright smile. The village had turned back to normal. Though there was one thing missing… that girl who always longed to fly.

The boy climbed a small hill. On the top of it he found a small tree that was still growing, with a few pink petals growing on the branches.

Interesting… he thought. The boy felt familiarity with the tree, and it felt like the tree was alive. It looks like nobody is taking care of it… I guess I will. The boy smiled. He went to the river with a bucket, filling the vessel. He looked up and across the river, where he only saw a forest leading into darkness. He had an odd feeling of nostalgia, as if he had met someone at that place before that was close to his heart.

The boy decided to shrug it off. He returned to the small tree and slowly poured water around it.

I hope it becomes a great, big tree, he thought.

It has been many years since that tree had been born. It was a giant tree now, holding much faith and love. Its branches reached for the sky. Its pink petals were like none other.

The young boy sat on the trunk, his eyes closed as he listened to the harmony of the breeze. It was as if he was asleep, and the plants were singing him a lullaby.

He felt another presence. Nobody was around, but that presence was familiar, calming, and seem to always be there for him. The spirit of the fairy lived in that tree. The fairy’s soul came out, and she hugged the boy. She hugged him, and whispered those same three words into his ear. Soft, calming, peaceful words entered his mind.

He opened his eyes slowly. He saw no arms around him, and nobody’s mouth by his ear. He examined his surroundings. He knew it was a ghostly presence, but it didn’t scare him. “I… want to see you… again.”

The End

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Author’s note: If you are wondering, the fairy’s name is Faith. Forgotten Faith, that is. ;]
This story was inspired by my sister, who needed an idea for a fairytale that involved fairies and dragons and love. We both had many different opinions on what was to happen, but they followed the same storyline.
I really had fun writing this, and it is indeed a fantastic story. I hope you all enjoyed reading this. ;]

DELETED SCENE: I was planning to put this in, but it didn’t fit at the time. Also, it wouldn’t make much sense if a dragon can read her mind and that Faith would say "You have the wrong person" in her mind.

This is a scene from chapter five, when the Fairy is first captured.

The fairy opened her eyes slowly. She gasped and backed into the wall behind as she saw two large sapphire eyes staring straight at her, accompanied by warm, stinky breath falling upon her.

“It’s nice seeing you again,” the dragon hissed. “How did you live!?” he roared.

You have the wrong person! the fairy squealed in her mind.

“Do I?” the dragon asked, baring his teeth in anger.

The fairy looked surprised. Did the dragon just read her mind? Getting back to the matter at hand, she said in her mind, Yes! I don’t know who you’re talking about, but it isn’t me!

“Oh, really?” the dragon growled. “I am certain you are the fairy I fell in love with! The fairy of such beauty, it’s hideous! The fairy that showed me creatures such as you have no love!”

That’s not true! We do have love! I’m sure that fairy didn’t mean to hurt your feelings…

“Lies!” he growled, “Whether you are her or not, I’ll just have to kill you again!”
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down