Awesomesauciness & Flowers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Servant of Evil

3 posters

Go down

The Servant of Evil Empty The Servant of Evil

Post by AmyFawkes Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Shugo Chara! style. ;D

I'm too lazy to explain everything, so I'll let my characters explain it. Any questions, ask me.

Why yes, we do have a very colorful story. 8D

Servant of Evil
AmyFawkes

“Hey, where’s Seramic?”
“No idea… he’s late again.”
“Should we start without him?”
“Let’s introduce ourselves.”

“Alright, fine.” I said, stepping up. “Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Today, we’ll be showing you a story of an evil ruler, her servant’s death, and her regrets in the end. I am Fujisaki Nadeshiko, known as the Daughter of Evil and the main character of this story.”

“I am Fujisaki Nagihiko, the loyal servant and brother of the Daughter of Evil.”

“I am Sanjou Kairi, the mercenary in green. Once part of the evil country, I decided to rebel and led the army to our ruler’s doom.”

“I am Hinamori Amu, the girl of pink and the prince of blue’s fiancé.”

“And I,” I said, coming in, “am Fawkes Seramic, the prince of blue and fiancé of the girl of pink.” I grinned. “Sorry I’m late. Are we done with introductions?”

“Yes. We’ve introduced ourselves and we’ve told everyone the gist of the story.”

“Ah. Alright, everyone, as Nadeshiko had probably already said, this story is of the Daughter of Evil and the Servant of Evil. We are doing it in our perspective, because we decided that that was the best to tell this tragic story. To those who are reading, the colors represent us, so we’re telling you who we are right now so you aren’t confused. It’ll randomly switch between perspectives, so don’t be surprised. I’m certain many of you have heard of the tale of the Yellow Kingdom of treacherous inhumanity, done by the Vocaloid series? This is basically our version of that story. Every now and then, you’ll see lyrics directly from that song in this piece in italics.”

Now, shall we start?

My feet were swallowed by the ocean as I bent down and released the bottle out to the sea.

“Nagihiko, what are you doing?” I heard my sister ask.

I turned around. “I’m making a wish.”

“For what?”

“I can’t tell you or else it won’t come true.”

“No fair! Why not?”

“Would you like to make a wish too?”

“Of course not!” Nagihiko looked sad. “Because…” I continued. He perked up. “You’ll grant all of my wishes for me, right, Nagihiko?” I smiled.

I smiled back. “Do you want to try it too?”

Nadeshiko glanced at me, and then smiled, nodding.
“How do I do it?”

I smiled. “There’s an old, secret legend that lives in this sea. If you place paper with your wish written on it in a small bottle and release it to the sea, someday the wish will bear a fruit.” I recited.

“Wow! Sounds cool.” I smiled. I got a piece of paper and a bottle and started writing my wish. Nagihiko seemed to try to peek over my shoulder. “No peeking!” I said, covering the paper and rolling it up, placing it in the bottle. I repeated Nagihiko’s action and released it to the sea. “So, someday, my wish will come true?”

I nodded with a smile. “Let’s hope our wishes come true!”

“What are you kids doing out here?” came a voice of an adult.

The two of us turned around. “What?” we asked in unison.

“Come on, Nadeshiko. Your father wants you.” the adult said.

“Is Nagihiko coming?” I asked naively.

“No, he’s going somewhere else.” another adult said.

“Where?”

“Somewhere. Come on.” the first adult said, forcefully picking Nadeshiko up and slinging her over his shoulder. He turned around and started walking away.

I saw that the other adult did the same action with my brother. “Nagihiko!!” I cried. The adults didn’t stop moving and we grew more and more distant from each other. The time passed; I became the queen and he was my servant.

For the adult’s selfish needs, our future was ripped into two. The time passed, and I became the servant of my princess.

“Nadeshiko?” I asked, coming into her throne room. She sat idly, playing with her gorgeous long hair.

“What is it?” I asked, bored.

“There’s somebody who wants to meet you. He says he needs something and hopes that you can grant it to him.”

“Bring him in.” I said flatly. The doors opened to reveal a peasant with dark forest green hair and ragged clothing. What filth.

“Lady Nadeshiko,” I bowed. “I am Sanjou Kairi. My family is going into poverty. May we ask for money for our survival? We are in desperate need of it.”

I eyed the child. “You come to me for money? Do you not know that our whole kingdom is losing money? We cannot afford to lose our money for a pitiful peasant’s survival. Out with you.”

“Lady Nadeshiko! Can you spare us just a few dollars?”

“No. Get out.”

“Lady Nadeshiko!” I urged. My family really needed it.

“Guards!”

The guards attacked me immediately. They picked me up and started to drag me out of the room. I glared at the ruler darkly. “I will get back at you for this, someday.” I said quietly under my breath. The doors shut, and I was thrown outside. Weak and in the cold weather, I made my way back home with nothing in my hands.

“Nadeshiko, was that the best thing to do?” I asked. I didn’t think that the kid deserved punishment for trying to supply his family.

I’d eliminate those who disobeyed me. You know that, right?”

Nagihiko nodded. Although he seemed a bit disappointed, he smiled.
“I understand.” The bell resounded throughout the kingdom.

Oh, it’s snack time.

When I took a trip to the neighboring kingdom, in the town I caught a glimpse of that girl of pink. She had a tender voice and a gentle smile… this feeling, it could only be love.

“It’s such a lovely day, isn’t it, Nagihiko?” I asked, stepping out of the carriage. “Where is the flower shop? I heard that they had the loveliest Viscaria flowers in the kingdom.”

“This way, Nadeshiko.” I smiled, taking her hand and guiding her to the flower shop. Yet on the way… my eyes wandered off and saw a beautiful girl with a pink dress that complimented her hair. Her gold eyes gave her a sense that she can protect herself, but at the same time she needed somebody to save her.

Nagihiko stopped. I stopped as well, following his eyes. My eyes fell upon a prince dressed in a blue coat that matched the color of his deep blue hair. His smile was so heartwarming!

“Seramic, where were you?” I whined.

“Sorry, did you wait long, Amu?”

So her name was Amu. Amu… that meant “dream”. She really seemed true to her name. She was perfect.

“No, not at all. Did you want to see our selection of flowers?”

“Yes, indeed. I’ve heard this kingdom has the finest in the land.”

“Oh, well, that must be an exaggeration,” I said, flustered. “Here are our Viscaria flowers! We’re mostly famous for these. Would you like some, Seramic?”

“They’re gorgeous. Of course, princess.” I smiled. I picked a few flowers from the selection.

I suddenly snapped back to reality. “Oh, Nadeshiko, this is the flower shop you wanted to go to.” Nadeshiko didn’t seem to avert her gaze. “Um… shall I pick the flowers for you?”

“Huh?” I asked, dumbfounded. “Oh… sure. I know you have a good sense. I’ll wait… over here.” I said, walking into the shade. My gaze returned to the prince of blue.

I walked over to the stand. “Um, hello! Do you know which ones are the finest Viscaria flowers?” I asked the girl in pink. She smiled at me. It was so gentle and kind, I couldn’t help but smile back.

“The finest ones, you say? I personally like all of them! You can choose for your own.” I smiled, motioning to the flowers. “Let’s go, Seramic.” I said, turning around and leaving with him.

To tell you all the truth, I feel like that was the first time I’ve smiled from my heart.

I looked after them. That girl made my heart beat faster than ever. I picked some flowers and left the shop.

“I want her dead.” I whispered quietly as my brother returned.

“What!?” I asked, shocked.

“I want her dead. I want you to annihilate the kingdom of pink.” I looked up at Nagihiko. “I want her country destroyed. I want her destroyed. I want the prince of blue for my own. You’ll do that for me, right Nagihiko? It’ll be fine, don’t worry. If there’s anyone to blame, it’d be me.”

I stood, speechless. I didn’t want to kill her… however…if my princess wishes for her to be gone, I will answer to that.

I nodded with a smile. “Very well, Nadeshiko. Let’s go back to the kingdom first, there’s no use wasting our time here.”

I looked at him and nodded. We both climbed back into the carriage and went back home.

Late in the night, I set out. The princess stared out of her window, looking at the kingdom of pink. She waited for the time where the country would burn to the ground, and the prince would be hers.

I found the girl of pink sitting by the well of her kingdom. Shaded in the shadow of the trees, I readied the knife. A bitterly salty tear rolled down my cheek. I didn’t want to take her life… it’d be wrong.

I idly played with the water in the bucket that was lifted. Looking in its reflection, I saw my face. I was happy.

I stepped into her view. “Ah, hello, princes… Amu, correct?” I smiled kindly, holding back tears as my grip on the knife became tighter.

I saw right through that fake smile, but smiled back as if I hadn’t noticed. “Yes? What are you doing out here in the woods?”

“I could ask you the same.” I said. I really wasn’t ready to kill her, and was about ready to drop the knife.

I could see the knife he had try to hide from my view. He was going to kill me. I smiled. I hoped that he was the one to kill me. I hoped I could die smiling at the last moment. I let the bucket drop, and I approached the servant of the Lavender Kingdom. “Given the chance to love you, though it was short, I thank you from my heart.” I smiled and took his trembling hand. The knife shone brilliantly in the moonlight.

I was petrified. She smiled. How can she be so happy when she knows I’m about to kill her?

I saw that he wasn’t willing to stab me with the weapon, for he stood frozen. I smiled, and wrapped my hands around his. “Thank you.” I whispered, and then thrust the knife into my heart. I smiled, and fell back into the well.

This plot was altered for my selfish necessary. I knew killing myself wasn’t the smartest thing to do, but I’m glad it was him who was my last sight and gave me the last smile from my heart.

I trembled. She had just killed herself. I felt my face trickle with tears. I cried. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…”

Why? My tears won’t stop.

“The snack for today is brioche.” You laughed; a laugh that was ever so innocent.

“Oh, Nagihiko. Thanks.” I laughed, taking the bread. I took a bite of it. “It’s delicious!” I smiled at him, and then resumed eating my snack.

I smiled back, but as she turned away, my smile faded as I thought of Amu’s kind smile as she had took my hand and willingly stained it with her blood.

“Sanjou Kairi, correct?” The warrior nodded. “Do you know of the Lavender kingdom?”

“I know plenty. What of it?”

“I want to take vengeance on them.” I said as I turned to face the mercenary. “They murdered the princess of pink, my Amu.” I said bitterly. “Those who kill should be ready to be killed.”

I looked at the blue prince. “Very well. They have made my family less than even slaves; I seek vengeance as well.”

Wow, dang. That is reaaaallly colorful. 0.o
I'm not done with it yet, as you can tell. Hope you like it so far. :]

The post became too big, so here's the rest.
Version One, Part Two

Now, I know this was really confusing, so here's just Nadeshiko's perspective.
Version Two, Part One
Version Two, Part Two

Aaand, the Afterstory, in Nagi's perspective.
The Afterstroy: Re_Birthday

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 12 times in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female
Number of posts : 11036
Status : I'll be by your side forever, so smile on and ever~
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

The Servant of Evil Empty Re: The Servant of Evil

Post by Iris Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:53 pm

....nice. Very Happy
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female
Number of posts : 10196

https://awesomesauce.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Yay. Very Happy

I ripped most of it directly from the songs and PVs I saw. Very Happy
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xochilt12 Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:22 pm

wow there was a lot of colors it made my mind dizzy
xochilt12
xochilt12
Forget me not
Forget me not

Female
Number of posts : 1311
Status : being a happy and cool friend and make everyone happy I never get sad
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Very Happy

Yay. Very Happy

I didn't intend that, but oh well. XD
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 pm

It was colorful. Very Happy
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:12 pm

To tell peoples apart. >:

I should change the colors, huh?

But that's take so much woooork. D:
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

The Servant of Evil Empty Version One, Part Two

Post by AmyFawkes Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Aww, the first post became too big to keep editing. xD

“Calm down, everyone!” I cried out to the crazy crowd. All eyes landed on me. “It is our queen’s fault that our country is blamed for something we didn’t do. She is the one who had the pink princess killed! I say we rebel!” The crowd cheered at how brave I was. “It is finally the time we stand up for our country!”

I smiled triumphantly as everyone disbanded to acquire weapons for the rebellion. It was truly time for payback.

I looked out the window in disgrace as I saw our country in a rage. They seemed mad. I think this country will soon come to an end by the hands of the angry denizens. If this is what they call retribution, then I shall see to it and disobey it.

“Nadeshiko.” I said, coming up to my fretting sister. “Here, I’ll lend you my clothes. Wear these and escape immediately.”

I looked up at my brother in shock. “Nagihiko, what are you saying?”

“I’m the one who deserves the punishment; I killed Princess Amu of the country of pink.” I shoved the clothes into my sister’s hands. “It’ll be alright, we are twins. I’m sure nobody will notice.” I smiled.

I looked up at my brother in shock. “No! I won’t let you die.”

“And I won’t let you either. Do this for me.”

I looked between my brother and the clothes I held in my hands. I felt tears bead up in my eyes as I nodded reluctantly. I got up with my face shrouded by my hair as I turned around to go into a room and change.

I came out of the room, wearing Nagihiko’s outfit. In front of me stood my brother in my dress. He turned around and smiled. Why? Why did he smile when he was about to be killed?

“Goodbye.” I said. I looked my sister in the eye. “And… thank you.” I smiled. Just like Amu had… she smiled when she was about to die. I didn’t understand why she did that, and I didn’t understand why I smiled right now. But I smiled. I leaned forward and kissed my sister on the forehead. She was shocked; I felt her tremble and I sensed her fear. I turned around and started to exit the room.

“Nagihiko!!” I cried out. “Don’t leave!” He didn’t listen or turn back. Tears streamed down my face steadily. “Don’t leave…. don’t leave…” I cried, looking toward the ground. I was afraid that if I looked up, I’d see him crying, or worse, I wouldn’t see him at all.

Nagihiko… he was stepping out to his death. I peeked out the window to see that he and the green mercenary meet, with the knight holding a sword to his throat. I sunk back down to the ground.

He always smiled. No matter what the situation was, he smiled. Why? Was there a reason to smile when he should have been crying? To me, it seems that sadness doesn’t even exist for him… at least when he’s around me. He was always the happiest around me, and I was the happiest around him. So why? Why did he go and break my heart?

He was always there for me. He was there to carry out my every command, he was there when I told him to kill the pink princess, he was there to take my place in my deathly fate, and even when we were so small… he was there, even when we were so far apart.

He was there for me. He always smiled. And all I did was ignore him and order him around. I realize that he did that all out of love… and I realize now, of all times, I should be with him too.

I stood up despite my trembling legs and grabbed a cloak to shroud my identity from those in the crowd.

I wandered out into the middle of the crowd, which was anxiously waiting for the death of the lovely lavender princess. Looking up, I saw Nagihiko survey the crowd as he was about to face his death. His eyes met mine.

I glanced at all the many faces that watched in awe in the crowd. They all hated my sister so much… the satisfaction all showed on their faces… except… for one.

In the middle of the crowd, there stood a single soul with a worried, regretful face. It was a face which was quite similar to my own. It was my twin. She was shoving through the crowd to see me.

She was going to be with me until the last second.

“Nagihiko!!” I cried out in anguish. Up until this point, Nagihiko would do anything to make me happy. Now, he was doing this so I could be free. But how can I be free? If he’s gone, I’d be trapped forever in a cage of regret.

I smiled. Even though I told her to run, she didn’t listen and would rather be with me.

“Nagihiko!” I cried again, but my voice remained unheard.

The church bells rang as I prepared to die. My gaze never went away from Nadeshiko. The bells that signaled the end never stopped. Nadeshiko stared in fear. A smile crept to my face.

“Oh, it’s snack time.”

I stared in shock. Were those his last words? His mouth moved, but I couldn’t read what he said. The blade of the guillotine fell, and his head departed from his body.

“Nagihiko!!” I cried out, one last time. Everyone cheered. I fell to the ground for my legs could no longer hold me up. My cries were not heard as they cleaned up his deceased body.

Everyone started filtering out, seeing as there was no point in staying there anymore. I didn’t move from my spot. I cried. I cried and cried. Why did he do that? Why… why!? Tell me, god, why? Why do you dare take away my prince? Why…

I stared at the purple-haired figure whose face was shrouded as a puddle of salty tears formed in front of her. I realize now that we had killed the wrong person. It was her brother who had taken her death toll. I glanced at the green mercenary, who had turned around to leave as everyone else had. “Where are you going?” I asked. He paused. “Don’t you know? We killed the wrong person.”

I turned around. “I know… but the queen deserves this.”

“How in the world does she deserve this? It was her that we were supposed to kill, not her brother. There’s more heartbreak when somebody close to you dies because of something you did.”

“She put my family in poverty.” I said, turning around so that our eyes wouldn’t meet. It was probably the worst excuse, but it was truly my only excuse.

“And we put her family to death.” I said. “How would it feel if your other half were to be separated from you? She and I are one the same. We both lost our soul mates; I lost Amu and she lost her brother. But she didn’t deserve this at all. Amu… she never really smiled until Nadeshiko’s servant had appeared. I saw the joy in her eyes. Even when we found Amu’s body, she was smiling. She was most likely happy to die, for one reason or another. On the other hand… we killed Nadeshiko’s only family. Neither of them were happy. She’s wronged many, but I don’t think she deserved this of all things.” I said, turning around, clutching a locket in my hand. I left the knight as he pondered what I said. He turned around and observed what I did as I walked up to the mournful queen.

I took a shaky breath as I looked up to the love that killed my other half. He held a locket in his hand. With a gentle smile, he held it out to me.

“It was on your brother before execution.” I said gently. I planted it into her hand. “It’s rightfully yours.”

I looked at the locket and then looked at the blue prince. “…why are you being so nice…?”

“Because… I understand your pain. I know how it is to lose your soul mate.” I said softly. “We’re sorry. But… I guess words can’t make up for it. It’s not your fault that he died, it’s mine. And because of that, I’ll lead a life full of guilt.” I turned around and walked off.

I stood up unsteadily. It was hard. How can I live without my brother? He’d always been there for me… always. I needed him to be with me. In another life… I’d want him to be with me.

I ran into my deserted kingdom and grabbed a quill tipped with ink. On a paper, I shakily wrote a wish. A wish that was stained with my tears as they fell steadily on the paper. I rolled it up and put the paper in a glass bottle, and then ran out of the castle as fast as I could.

I ran to the port where he and I once wished. It was so long ago. I bent over and released the small bottle into the ocean. I prayed that my wish would be true.

I watched the small bottle fade slowly into the horizon. The horrible silence reminded of how everyone awaited the death of my brother. I forced a smile, knowing that he was watching over me. But that smile quickly faded as tears rolled down my cheeks. I fell into the water, tinting the sea with my tears and my regrets.

“Why!? Nagihiko… I’m sorry. I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry!” I cried. No other words came out other than those of regret.

“If… if only we can be… reborn…” I uttered out, but I could not say the rest of my wish.

“Wouldn’t that be nice?”

I looked up. I swear I had heard Nagihiko’s voice. He was still there for me, even after he died. I smiled… for him. “Yeah… wouldn’t it?”

___________________________________‘If we could be reborn
________________________________________I hope that I could be with you again…
_________________________________________________________________________Forever.
_________________________________________________________________________________~F. Nadeshiko’

Fin.

Wow, that was incredibly fun to write. 8D

Because it's so confusing with the different changing perspectives, I'll make a version with just Nadeshiko's/Second person/Third person view later. ;D (Because FictionPress can't generate colors either. XD)

Hope you enjoyed the read. :]

EDIT: Alright, I'm done with just Nade's perspective. And it isn't so color-blinding. 8D

I'll post it after you say something. I don't wanna triple post.

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Okay, ya can post it. Very Happy
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

The Servant of Evil Empty Version Two, Part One

Post by AmyFawkes Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Servant of Evil
AmyFawkes

“Hey, where’s Seramic?” said a child, whose voice represented bravery.
“No idea… he’s late again.” said a girl, whose voice represented happiness.
“Should we start without him?” said a princess, whose selfish voice soon turned into regret.
“Let’s introduce ourselves.” said a servant, whose selfless voice soon led to death.

“Alright, fine.” I, the voice defined as a princess, said, stepping up. “Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Today, we’ll be showing you a story of an evil ruler, her servant’s death, and her regrets in the end. I am Fujisaki Nadeshiko, known as the Daughter of Evil and the main character of this story.”

“I am Fujisaki Nagihiko, the loyal servant and brother of the Daughter of Evil.” said the voice who was the selfless servant.

“I am Sanjou Kairi, the mercenary in green. Once part of the evil country, I decided to rebel and led the army to our ruler’s doom.” said the brave child.

“I am Hinamori Amu, the girl of pink and the prince of blue’s fiancé.” said the girl.

“And I,” said a gentleman, coming into the scene, “am Fawkes Seramic, the prince of blue and fiancé of the girl of pink.” He grinned. “Sorry I’m late. Are we done with introductions?”

“Yes. We’ve introduced ourselves and we’ve told everyone the gist of the story.” I said, annoyed.

“Ah. Alright, everyone, as Nadeshiko had probably already said, this story is of the Daughter of Evil and the Servant of Evil. We are doing it in her perspective, because we decided that that was the best to tell this tragic story.” Seramic said, motioning to me. “I’m certain many of you have heard of the tale of the Yellow Kingdom of treacherous inhumanity, done by the Vocaloid series? This is basically our version of that story. Every now and then, you’ll see lyrics directly from that song in this piece in italics.”

“Now, shall we start?”

Nagihiko’s feet were swallowed by the ocean as he bent down and released the bottle out to the sea.

“Nagihiko, what are you doing?” I asked.

My brother turned around. “I’m making a wish.”

“For what?”

“I can’t tell you or else it won’t come true.”

“No fair! Why not?”

“Would you like to make a wish too?”

“Of course not!” Nagihiko looked sad. “Because…” I continued. He perked up. “You’ll grant all of my wishes for me, right, Nagihiko?” I smiled.

He smiled back. “Do you want to try it too?”

I glanced at him, and then smiled, nodding. “How do I do it?”

His smile widened. “There’s an old, secret legend that lives in this sea. If you place paper with your wish written on it in a small bottle and release it to the sea, someday the wish will bear a fruit.” he recited.

“Wow! Sounds cool.” I smiled. I got a piece of paper and a bottle and started writing my wish. Nagihiko seemed to try to peek over my shoulder. “No peeking!” I said, covering the paper and rolling it up, placing it in the bottle. I repeated Nagihiko’s action and released it to the sea. “So, someday, my wish will come true?”

He nodded with a smile. “Let’s hope our wishes come true!”

“What are you kids doing out here?” came a voice of an adult.

The two of us turned around. “What?” we asked in unison.

“Come on, Nadeshiko. Your father wants you.” the adult said.

“Is Nagihiko coming?” I asked naively.

“No, he’s going somewhere else.” another adult said.

“Where?”

“Somewhere. Come on.” the first adult said, forcefully picking me up and slinging me over his shoulder. He turned around and started walking away.

I saw that the other adult did the same action with my brother. “Nagihiko!!” I cried. The adults didn’t stop moving and we grew more and more distant from eachother. For the adult’s selfish needs, our future was ripped into two. The time passed; I became the queen and he was my servant.

“Nadeshiko?” Nagihiko asked, coming into my throne room. I sat idly, twirling my hair with my finger.

“What is it?” I asked, bored.

“There’s somebody who wants to meet you. He says he needs something and hopes that you can grant it to him.”

“Bring him in.” I said flatly. The doors opened to reveal a peasant with dark forest green hair and ragged clothing. What filth.

“Lady Nadeshiko,” the boy bowed. “I am Sanjou Kairi. My family is going into poverty. May we ask for money for our survival? We are in desperate need of it.”

I eyed the child. “You come to me for money? Do you not know that our whole kingdom is losing money? We cannot afford to lose our money for a pitiful peasant’s survival. Out with you.”

“Lady Nadeshiko! Can you spare us just a few dollars?”

“No. Get out.”

“Lady Nadeshiko!” the boy urged.

“Guards!”

The guards attacked him immediately. They picked him up and started to drag him out of the room. He glared at me darkly. “I will get back at you for this, someday.” He said quietly under his breath. The doors shut, and he was thrown outside.

“Nadeshiko, was that the best thing to do?” my brother asked, concerned for the little insolence.

I’d eliminate those who disobeyed me. You know that, right?”

Nagihiko nodded. Although he seemed a bit disappointed, he smiled. “I understand.” The bell resounded throughout the kingdom.

“Oh, it’s snack time.”

“It’s such a lovely day, isn’t it, Nagihiko?” I asked, stepping out of the carriage. “Where is the flower shop? I heard that they had the loveliest Viscaria flowers in the kingdom.”

“This way, Nadeshiko.” Nagihiko smiled, taking my hand and guiding me to the flower shop. Yet on the way… his eyes wandered off and saw a beautiful girl with a pink dress that complimented her hair.

Nagihiko stopped. I had stopped as well, following his eyes. My eyes fell upon a prince dressed in a blue coat that matched the color of his deep blue hair. His smile was so heartwarming!

“Seramic, where were you?” the girl whined.

“Sorry, did you wait long, Amu?” the prince asked.

His name was Seramic? Like the glass-like material. He was strong and beautiful just like glass could be.

“No, not at all. Did you want to see our selection of flowers?” the girl known as Amu asked.

“Yes, indeed. I’ve heard this kingdom has the finest in the land.” Seramic said.

“Oh, well, that must be an exaggeration,” Amu said, flustered. “Here are our Viscaria flowers! We’re mostly famous for these. Would you like some, Seramic?”

“They’re gorgeous. Of course, princess.” the prince smiled. He picked a few flowers from the selection.

Nagihiko suddenly snapped back to reality. “Oh, Nadeshiko, this is the flower shop you wanted to go to.” I didn’t listen to him; I was to busy looking at the prince to avert my gaze. “Um… shall I pick the flowers for you?”

“Huh?” I asked, dumbfounded. “Oh… sure. I know you have a good sense. I’ll wait… over here.” I said, walking into the shade. My gaze returned to the prince of blue.

Nagihiko walked over to the stand. “Um, hello! Do you know which ones are the finest Viscaria flowers?” he asked the girl in pink. She smiled at him.

“The finest ones, you say? I personally like all of them! You can choose for your own.” Amu smiled, motioning to the flowers. “Let’s go, Seramic.” she said, turning around and leaving with the prince.

Nagihiko looked after them. After a while, he picked some flowers and left the shop.

I was jealous. She was so happy with that prince. I wanted that prince for myself. I want…“I want her dead.” I whispered quietly as my brother returned.

“What!?” he asked, shocked at my sudden request.

“I want her dead. I want you to annihilate the kingdom of pink.” I looked up at Nagihiko. “I want her country destroyed. I want her destroyed. I want the prince of blue for my own. You’ll do that for me, right Nagihiko? It’ll be fine, don’t worry. If there’s anyone to blame, it’d be me.”

He stood speechless. It was obvious that he didn’t want to kill her… however, he nodded with a smile. “Very well, Nadeshiko. Let’s go back to the kingdom first, there’s no use wasting our time here.”

I looked at him and nodded. We both climbed back into the carriage and went back home.

Late in the night, Nagihiko set out. I stared out of my window, looking at the kingdom of pink. I waited for the time where the country would burn to the ground, and the prince would be only mine.

Nagihiko found the girl of pink sitting by the well of her kingdom. Shaded in the shadow of the trees, he readied the knife. A bitterly salty tear rolled down his cheek. He didn’t want to take her life… it’d be wrong.

Amu idly played with the water in the bucket that was lifted. Looking in its reflection, she saw her face. She was happy.

Nagihiko stepped into her view. “Ah, hello, princes… Amu, correct?” he smiled kindly, holding back tears as the grip on the knife became tighter.

Amu saw right through that fake smile, but smiled back as if she hadn’t noticed. “Yes? What are you doing out here in the woods?”

“I could ask you the same.” Nagihiko said. He really wasn’t ready to kill her, and was about ready to drop the knife.

Amu saw the knife he had tried to hide from her view. He was going to kill her. She smiled. She hoped that he was the one to kill her. She hoped that she could die smiling at the last moment. She let the bucket drop, and she approached the servant of the Lavender Kingdom. “Given the chance to love you, though it was short, I thank you from my heart.” Amu smiled and took his trembling hand. The knife shone brilliantly in the moonlight.

Nagihiko was petrified. She smiled. ‘How can she be so happy when she knows I’m about to kill her?’ he thought.

Amu saw that he wasn’t willing to stab her with the weapon, for he stood frozen. She smiled, and wrapped her hands around his. “Thank you.” she whispered, and then thrust the knife into her heart. She smiled, and fell back into the well.

Nagihiko trembled. She had just killed herself. He felt his face trickle with tears. He cried. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…”

Why? The tears won’t stop.

“The snack for today is brioche.” I laughed; a laugh that was ever so innocent.

“Oh, Nagihiko. Thanks.” I smiled, taking the bread. I took a bite of it. “It’s delicious!” I smiled at him, and then resumed eating my snack.

He smiled back, but as I turned away, his smile faded as he thought of Amu’s kind smile as she had took his hand and willingly stained it with her blood.

“Sanjou Kairi, correct?” Seramic asked, his back turned. The green warrior nodded. “Do you know of the Lavender kingdom?”

“I know plenty. What of it?” Kairi asked.

“I want to take vengeance on them.” Seramic said as he turned to face the mercenary. “They murdered the princess of pink, my Amu.” he said bitterly. “Those who kill should be ready to be killed.”

Kairi looked at the blue prince. “Very well. They have made my family less than even slaves; I seek vengeance as well.”

“Calm down, everyone!” Kairi cried out to the crazy crowd. All eyes landed on him as he held up his sword. “It is our queen’s fault that our country is blamed for something we didn’t do. She is the one who had the pink princess killed! I say we rebel!” The crowd cheered at how brave he was for a child. “It is finally the time we stand up for our country!”

He smiled triumphantly as everyone disbanded to acquire weapons for the rebellion. It was truly time for payback.

Nagihiko looked out the window in disgrace as he saw the country in a rage. They seemed mad. Clearly, he didn’t like that they were going to punish me. If this is what they call retribution, then he shall see to it and disobey it.

“Nadeshiko.” he said, coming up to me as I fretted. “Here, I’ll lend you my clothes. Wear these and escape immediately.”

I looked up at my brother in shock. “Nagihiko, what are you saying?”

“I’m the one who deserves the punishment; I killed Princess Amu of the country of pink.” Nagihiko shoved the clothes into my hands. “It’ll be alright, we are twins. I’m sure nobody will notice.” He smiled.

I looked up at my brother in shock. “No! I won’t let you die.”

“And I won’t let you either. Do this for me.”

I looked between my brother and the clothes I held in my hands. I felt tears bead up in my eyes as I nodded reluctantly. I got up with my face shrouded by my hair as I turned around to go into a room and change.

I came out of the room, wearing Nagihiko’s outfit. In front of me stood my brother in my dress. He turned around and smiled. Why? Why did he smile when he was about to be killed?

“Goodbye.” Nagihiko said solemnly. He looked me in the eye. “And… thank you.” He smiled. Just like Amu had… she smiled when she was about to die. He didn’t understand why she did that, and he didn’t understand why he smiled right now. But he smiled. He leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead. I was shocked; I knew he felt me tremble and I knew he sensed my fear. He turned around and started to exit the room.

“Nagihiko!!” I cried out. “Don’t leave!” He didn’t listen or turn back. Tears streamed down my face steadily. “Don’t leave…. don’t leave…” I cried, looking toward the ground. I was afraid that if I looked up, I’d see him crying, or worse, I wouldn’t see him at all.

Nagihiko… he was stepping out to his death. I peeked out the window to see that he and the green mercenary meet, with the knight holding a sword to his throat. I sunk back down to the ground.

He always smiled. No matter what the situation was, he smiled. Why? Was there a reason to smile when he should have been crying? To me, it seems that sadness doesn’t even exist for him… at least when he’s around me. He was always the happiest around me, and I was the happiest around him. So why? Why did he go and break my heart?

He was always there for me. He was there to carry out my every command, he was there when I told him to kill the pink princess, he was there to take my place in my deathly fate, and even when we were so small… he was there, even when we were so far apart.

He was there for me. He always smiled. And all I did was ignore him and order him around. I realize that he did that all out of love… and I realize now, of all times, I should be with him too.

I stood up despite my trembling legs and grabbed a cloak to shroud my identity from those in the crowd.

Pfft, too long.

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:21 pm

...yeah okay.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

The Servant of Evil Empty Version Two, Part Two

Post by AmyFawkes Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm

I wandered out into the middle of the crowd, which was anxiously waiting for the death of the lovely lavender princess. Looking up, I saw Nagihiko survey the crowd as he was about to face his death. His eyes met mine.

He glanced at all the many faces that watched in awe in the crowd. They all hated me so much… the satisfaction all showed on their faces… except… for… mine.

In the middle of the crowd, there stood a single soul with a worried, regretful face. It was a face which was quite similar to Nagihiko’s. It was me, his twin, his other half. I was shoving through the crowd just to see him.

I was going to be with him until the last second.

“Nagihiko!!” I cried out in anguish. Up until this point, Nagihiko would do anything to make me happy. Now, he was doing this so I could be free. But how can I be free? If he’s gone, I’d be trapped forever in a cage of regret.

He smiled. That same dreaded, kind smile.

“Nagihiko!” I cried again, but my voice remained unheard.

The church bells rang as he prepared to die. His gaze never went away from me. The bells that signaled the end never stopped. I stared in fear. A smile crept to his face.

“Oh, it’s snack time.”

I stared in shock. Were those his last words? His mouth moved, but I couldn’t read what he said. The blade of the guillotine fell, and his head departed from his body.

“Nagihiko!!” I cried out, one last time. Everyone cheered. I fell to the ground for my legs could no longer hold me up. My cries were not heard as they cleaned up his deceased body.

Everyone started filtering out, seeing as there was no point in staying there anymore. I didn’t move from my spot. I cried. I cried and cried. Why did he do that? Why… why!? Tell me, god, why? Why do you dare take away my prince? Why…

Seramic stared at the purple-haired figure whose face was shrouded as a puddle of salty tears formed in front of her. He realized now that they had killed the wrong person. It was her brother who had taken her death toll. He glanced at the green mercenary, who had turned around to leave as everyone else had. “Where are you going?” Seramic asked demandingly. The mercenary paused. “Don’t you know? We killed the wrong person.”

Kairi turned around. “I know… but the queen deserves this.”

“How in the world does she deserve this? It was her that we were supposed to kill, not her brother. There’s more heartbreak when somebody close to you dies because of something you did.”

“She put my family in poverty.” Kairi said, turning around so that their eyes wouldn’t meet. It was probably the worst excuse, but it was truly his only excuse.

“And we put her family to death.” Seramic responded. “How would it feel if your other half were to be separated from you? She and I are one the same. We both lost our soul mates; I lost Amu and she lost her brother. But she didn’t deserve this at all. Amu… she never really smiled until Nadeshiko’s servant had appeared. I saw the joy in her eyes. Even when we found Amu’s body, she was smiling. She was most likely happy to die, for one reason or another. On the other hand… we killed Nadeshiko’s only family. Neither of them were happy. She’s wronged many, but I don’t think she deserved this of all things.” Seramic said, turning around, clutching a locket in his hand. He left the knight to ponder what he said. Kairi turned around and observed what Seramic did as he walked up to the mournful queen.

I took a shaky breath as I looked up to the love that killed my other half. He held a locket in his hand. With a gentle smile, he held it out to me.

“It was on your brother before execution.” the prince said gently. He planted it into my hand. “It’s rightfully yours.”

I looked at the locket and then looked at the blue prince. “…why are you being so nice…?”

“Because… I understand your pain. I know how it is to lose your soul mate.” he said softly. “We’re sorry. But… I guess words can’t make up for it. It’s not your fault that he died, it’s mine. And because of that, I’ll lead a life full of guilt.” Seramic turned around and walked off.

I stood up unsteadily. It was hard. How can I live without my brother? He’d always been there for me… always. I needed him to be with me. In another life… I’d want him to be with me.

I ran into my deserted kingdom and grabbed a quill tipped with ink. On a paper, I shakily wrote a wish. A wish that was stained with my tears as they fell steadily on the paper. I rolled it up and put the paper in a glass bottle, and then ran out of the castle as fast as I could.

I ran to the port where he and I once wished. It was so long ago. I bent over and released the small bottle into the ocean. I prayed that my wish would be true.

I watched the small bottle fade slowly into the horizon. The horrible silence reminded of how everyone awaited the death of my brother. I forced a smile, knowing that he was watching over me. But that smile quickly faded as tears rolled down my cheeks. I fell into the water, tinting the sea with my tears and my regrets.

“Why!? Nagihiko… I’m sorry. I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry…!” I cried. No other words came out other than those of regret.

“If… if only we can be… reborn…” I uttered out, but I could not say the rest of my wish.

“Wouldn’t that be nice?”

I looked up. I swear I had heard Nagihiko’s voice. He was still there for me, even after he died. I smiled… for him. “Yeah… wouldn’t it?”

___________________________________‘If we could be reborn
________________________________________I hope that I could be with you again…
_________________________________________________________________________Forever.
_________________________________________________________________________________~F. Nadeshiko’

Fin.

Done. xD

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:46 am

Okay good. Very Happy
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:51 pm

...it's not as good as I planned it to be, but oh well. xD
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:00 am

It's great. <3
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks. :]

I was thinking maybe I should do an after story... maybe.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:13 am

You do that.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm debating whether to make it like the original where they're robots, or actually SC! style where Nagi is Nade. o.o
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

The Servant of Evil Empty The Afterstory: Re_Birthday

Post by AmyFawkes Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Haha, this one is sorta like Version 1, with all the crazy switching perspective crap. xD But a little toned down, since it sorta tells you who's speaking. Soooorta.

So unlike Servant of Evil, this is totally based off my own imagination. Very Happy (Lol sorta. xD Only the first part and a few of the words were ripped from the song)

Tell me if anything bugs you. xD (Since a bunch of things about this bugs me, but I just can't put my finger on it. Neutral) Enjoy the read. :]

Re_Birthday
Amy Fawkes

You woke up all alone, trapped in a black room with chains of blue and green bounding your arms and ankles. What they represent, you ask? Why, only the color of poison and hatred, and the color of so many bitter tears.
That lavender servant awoke alone; nowhere could he find his dear beloved princess. Little did he know, he was about to become the queen.

“Nagihiko,” my mom called. “Will you come over here?”

“Yeah?” I asked.

“It’s our tradition for the boys of the family to dress like girls, so that they can learn how to dance the way women do,” she said, “So will you put this on?”

Without question, I did what she asked. She tied up my hair so that I looked more like a girl. When we were done dressing me up, she looked at me and smiled. “You look adorable. You can go look at yourself.”

I nodded and looked in the mirror. My reflection was so… familiar. She seemed to smile at me, but that was my own smile I saw. She was me… but… at the same time, she wasn’t.

I looked at the girl in the mirror intently. My hand slowly went up and touched the glass, yet it felt as if I touched my reflection’s hand. She was pretty… she was…

“Nadeshiko,” I whispered. Staring at my other half, I realized it all. I realized that, once upon a time, we were two. Once upon a time, I had loved my sister and did anything for her… and now she is one with me. Once upon a time, we had switched places. And once upon a time… we had made a wish.

That wish… “If we could be reborn… I’d like to be together with you again.”

“Nadeshiko?” mom asked. “Do you want that to be your name?”

“Huh?” I asked. “Um… yeah! I want that to be her name!”

My mom smiled in response. She left to cook dinner.

I turned back to Nadeshiko. “Nadeshiko…” I whispered, “Today is your new birthday.”

You woke up quick to think and swift to act and quickly came to love the world as it was, but something was wrong with you that you couldn’t just shrug off. What was it, you wonder? The role you played didn’t feel right, and it had to be changed.
That blue prince awoke different; no longer a prince but a princess. Like Joan of Arc, she claimed her place as a knight by faking the truth.

“Here, Amy, try this one!” Saiyuki said, handing me some deep blue hair dye. I shrugged and applied the dye.

“Hm… I think it looks good. What about you?” she asked.

I stared at the mirror for a long moment. “Yeah, I think this will work! Do you think I’ll pass as a boy?”

“Yep!” Saiyuki cheered. “The way you look… it just fits you perfectly!”

“…yeah. But I dunno,” I shrugged. I looked at the mirror again. “Something about this bugs me.”

“What, turning into a boy?”

“No, not that. Just… this.”

“What’s wrong about it?”

I looked more closely at the reflection. The boy in the mirror wasn’t me, I knew that. But… he was me. Everything about him was me… and…

“Everything about it is wrong,” I said, unable to avert my eyes from the man on the other side. Staring at the me I was about to turn into, I realized all the things that he – I – had wronged. He had fallen in love with somebody who didn’t return his feelings. He had wanted revenge because that person died with a smile on her face. He had murdered the wrong person in the end and lived in forever regret.

Why, I wonder? Was love that devastating? I don’t want to be him. Anyone but him.

“Huh? I don’t understand,” Sai peered at the bitter expression on my face. “Does it remind of someone you hate?”

I looked at the little angel. “…yeah. Me.” Sai obviously was confused, for she wore a blank expression. I looked back at the mirror. “I hope it was only a dream… that somebody who looked just like this killed the wrong person out of hatred.”

Sai looked at me. “It sounds like that story, Ice and Dark. You know, where Kyle killed Freedert by accident when he meant to kill Elliot.”

“You make it seem so happy,” I sighed. “In that, Kyle killed both of them. In that… dream… that person killed the wrong person and crushed the other’s heart, so much that she probably wished for death but couldn’t get it.”

Sai looked at me. “It’s only a dream, right? It doesn’t mean it’ll happen.”

“And yet it is a dream. Dreams have meaning… and… I think this one tells me that’ll I’ll break somebody just for the pleasure of all others.”

“And it is a dream, so you can change it.” Sai said. “Come on, you’re being reborn again! You can change! So, what’ll be your name?”

I looked at the mirror again. Sai was right, that was only in the past. This generation is new; I can change it. I’ll once again be that blue prince.

I looked up at Sai and smiled. “Seramic.”

You woke up, bringing change to everything and everyone around you. You seem like an angel to everyone, yet an imperfection to yourself. What makes you so special, you wanted to know? Your ability to make everything end with a smile.
That girl of pink awoke confused; uncertain of what she wanted and what everyone else needed. She didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, and thus, a joker is she, answered her question for others.

“Amu!” I heard a voice call. I turned around to see a blue-haired boy running up to me.

“Seramic, where were you?” I scolded.

“Sorry. Did you wait long?” Seramic said in response. For some reason, I had a weird sense of déjà vu.

“No, it’s fine, it’s fine.” I said. “What were we shopping for again?”

“Flowers, remember? We’re getting them for Nadeshiko.”

“Oh yeah. Well, which ones should we pick?”

“I think we should find some Viscaria flowers. Nadeshiko likes those.”

Viscaria? I felt like he had asked for those same flowers before.

“The flowers are gorgeous. I’ll go pick some,” Seramic said, “princess,” he added with a grin. I felt as if my face exploded. But something was a bit off about that sentence… it’s like I’ve heard this whole conversation before!

I stood at the front of the store, blankly staring ahead. Looking up at the corner of the store, I saw one of those mirrors. Something about this setting was familiar; I couldn’t help but feel odd. What was it that was so familiar? I stared at the mirror, as if it’d suddenly talk and tell me. It was nice, really. It felt weird though. I stared into the mirror, into the self that I hid behind. That person really wasn’t me. The real me… was somebody who smiled from the heart. When I met everyone in the guardians… when I made true friends… they really, truly made me…

“Smile.” I looked forth into that mirror. That girl… once upon a time, she always faked a smile. She always faked laughing, and though she made everyone else smile, she couldn’t smile herself. Is it because she felt she didn’t have friends? That girl… she wanted her happily ever after, even though it was a tragic one.

She was selfish because she was selfless. How did that make any sense? She needed these things but she gave it to others.

“Hey, Amu, I’m done,” Seramic called. I glanced over to him. Was he really the prince I was destined to be married to, yet I chose somebody else instead?

“Huh? Oh… then let’s go, Seramic,” I said. I felt that I couldn’t get those thoughts out of my head.

If I remembered that life, did they? If Seramic, Kairi, and Nadeshiko were here, where was Nagihiko? Was he Nadeshiko’s twin? Maybe I should ask… but I won’t. That’d be weird.

If Nadeshiko had a brother, she’d tell me, right? Or is she lying to me, like I lye to myself? I’m so confused.

Forever playing the role of his queen, he relives his death everyday. That painful pang on his heart only reminds him of not only his sister’s tears but the way that love has separated them so far and brought them to the point where they are forever together yet can never see one another.
Did the lavender queen exist in this world, or was she really no more? The servant and master switched places and now can never turn back, for the story is already at its end.

I sat at the edge of a port, having a terrible feeling of nostalgia. Wasn’t it here that we made that wish? I stared out in the sea. On the beach I saw two fragile glass bottles sit buried in the sand. Could it be those little wishes that had drifted away?

I approached them cautiously. After so many years, these bottles could break. Carefully, I pulled out the little scroll that sat in one of the bottles. In the end of the note, Nadeshiko’s name was signed carefully.

“If we could be reborn, I hope that I could be with you again… forever. F. Nadeshiko,” is what the note read.

Is this what she wished for? When we did this… I doubt that this is what she wanted; to be actually with me and not a whole other person.

Slowly picking up the next one, I pulled out that little wish. “I wish I can always be with Nadeshiko! Nagihiko”

That was the wish I wrote, huh? It seems so long ago. I put the wish back into the bottle. What was the point of it now? We were together… but not together.

I sighed and walked back to the port. My feet hung over the edge as I stared out into the blank sky.

What a birthday. Why was it that my birthday brought bad memories?

“Hey, Nadeshiko!” I heard a voice shout. I turned around to see Seramic coming up to me. “Were you here the whole time? Everyone at the Royal Garden is waiting for you.”

“Oh. Um… well… I was just thinking.” I smiled, shrugging it off.

“Thinking about what?” Seramic questioned.

“Er… Nadeshiko. I was thinking about how it’s her birthday today as well mine.”

“Oh. Today was the day you first became her?”

“…yeah,” I said looking at the sky. Today was the day I became her. Today was the day I had died. And today was the day I was born, and became her again.

“Why are you so sad? It can’t be that bad being a girl,” Seramic said, looking toward the sky.

“Oh, no, it isn’t that bad being her. But… it just gives me bad memories.”

“Bad memories?”

“It’s nothing for you to worry about,” I smiled at him.

“Come on, it’s everything for me to worry about. You’re my friend. Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Um… well… uh…” Seramic looked at me curiously. “It reminds me… of… a death in another life.”

“Oh, like if you got your head chopped off because Nadeshiko and you switched places,” Seramic joked, even though he probably didn’t know it was the truth.

“Eh!?” I gasped. How did he know?

“Huh? I was just joking you know. That’s from one of Rin’s songs,” Seramic said.

“Oh,” I said. So he didn’t know.

Seramic dropped a bouquet of flower in my hands. “Eh? What’s this?” I asked.

“A birthday present from Amu and I,” he responded with a smile. “We knew you liked Viscaria flowers, so we picked those for you.”

“Ah. Thanks,” I smiled.

“Oh… and a little something extra I got for you,” Seramic said, pulling out a rusted gold locket. He handed it to me gently.

The moment my I laid my eyes on it, I knew what it was. That locket… it was Nadeshiko’s locket from long ago. She held it so dear… I’m surprised it didn’t get ruined.

“Wow… where’d you get it?”

“In an antique shop. I was shopping with my grandma and I saw it, and I thought that you’d might like it.” Seramic smiled. “I’m surprised it’s still good.”

“Thanks a lot,” I smiled, putting the locket on.

“Now come on, everyone else is waiting at the garden,” Seramic said, turning on his heel. “We should go.”

“Yeah,” I said, getting up.

You know, there was always something about Seramic that I couldn’t just shrug off. It was the fact that he couldn’t always say things the way they were meant to be said, but instead he turns them into riddles and hides the real meaning behind casual words. And because he couldn’t say things the way they were meant to be… I never remember him telling me or Nadeshiko that he hated us. So if he hadn’t hated us, why put us through so much pain? I looked at the blue prince. He was waiting patiently for me to follow him. “Hey, Seramic, can I ask you something?”

“Hm? Sure, what is it?” he asked, turning around to face me.

“Uh… do you remember?”

“Remember what?” he asked, rather dumbfounded.

“That once upon a time, when Nadeshiko and I were two.”

He turned his back to me and stared at the sky. “No,” he said after a long moment of silence.

I couldn’t tell; was he lying?

I looked at the ground. “Oh…”

“Well, we should really get going now.” Seramic shrugged and started walking back to Seiyo Elementary.

“…right,” I said, pacing behind him.

“Oh, by the way…” Seramic stopped, making me pause in my tracks as well. He didn’t face me. “Sorry.”

“Huh? Sorry for what?” I asked, dumbfounded.

He looked over his shoulder so that our eyes met. “For all that,” Seramic grinned, and thus continued forward.

What was he apologizing for? I didn’t get it…

“And Happy Birthday,” he added as he opened the doors to the Royal Garden.

“Happy Birthday, Nadeshiko!”

So, Daughter of Evil you play, everyone welcomes you to their hearts. Once a tyrant whom everyone despises, you are no longer. Once a servant who served his sister, you shall not be. Nay, you are no longer the main character of this story.
So, Daughter of Evil you play, what joy you bring. You have brought this story to its end. Along with regrets of a few years passed, a smile you’ve formed on everyone’s lips.

Fin.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content