Awesomesauciness & Flowers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Have hope]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Have hope] Empty [Have hope]

Post by AmyFawkes Fri May 08, 2009 2:46 pm

[Have hope]
By AmyFawkes

“Further down the path, the world is still yet unknown; we know naught of what lies ahead yet we still venture on. I urge you, for my own sake, continue on. It is not mine own decision that I fade away from memory, but mine own decision to say my last words. So let me tell ye: Further down the path, the trees aren’t dead.”

---

In this world, those deceased do not exist as simple corpse. They exist as the trees that nourish the air. When somebody dies, their soul turns into a seed, one that is planted and hopefully will grow. The seeds of those who are pure, who have done good deeds or who have done not much harm are accepted by the earth to grow and be one with the land. The seeds of those who are sinful, who have done harm to earth or its beings are not accepted, and thus suffer the pain of dying again. When these seeds are not accepted and yet are of someone pure, something is wrong with the earth itself.

Trees are the source of oxygen of this world. If its trees are all decayed, it will kill all of its beings. This world needs trees to survive; trees are treasured as dearly as we treasure life. They are mementoes of our passed relatives and friends; they contribute to the living in this world.

The trees are disappearing. Earth is rejecting everyone; the sacrifices made are no use. Not one soul will even sprout the tiniest bit. Everyone is dying, the people, the trees, the earth.

And thus, our story begins.

---

Chapter1: Find hope! Let’s go unto the unknown world

“Try again!” Nidhogg urged. “It’s no use giving up! This poor world will die if we do not, it is so old. I pray to thee goddess Nature; accept at least one of us!”

“Calm down,” Yggdrasil, Nidhogg’s best friend said gently. “Do not be so angered. Mother Earth will not accept us if we demand.”

“…understood, dear friend,” Nidhogg said. “Yet why is she not accepting us as we are of current? We are in a state of desperate times, and thy goddess hath no care to help thee?”

“She is most probably troubled. She desires our help and we desire hers, yet she will not be willing to help us until we help her. It is much a confusing matter as it is, but it is most probably something that we have done for her not to grant our wishes.”

“But what? We have wronged none.”

“That very well could be unknown to this world. We are all dumb; to not even consider what have we wronged to enrage the mother who kindly took us in.”

“Or rather all hath a bottomless pride, for our pride hath overthrown the love for Nature and we give artificial love to those manufactured items.”

“What we have wronged is unknown to the stupidity of mankind, yet what can we do to turn things right?”

“Possibly somewhere there is a place where earth hath peace, and its trees are greener than the brightest green.”

“Aye, but where? Do you suppose we try to find this place? Do you suppose we run into the dead forest and abandon everyone behind, as Celia and Rosalind had run into the Forest of Arden to avoid their banishment and find liberty? Do you suppose we will find our liberty by letting everyone else decay with the dying world?”

“Nay, I do not intend to let the world die yet I do but hope to find a place where we can live as it once was before.”

“So you shall journey through the forest of many dead souls, in hope to find those who flourish? Is that your suggestion?”

“Aye.”

“Then I shall accompany thee.”

“Nay, you shall not.”

“Give me reason why I shouldn’t.”

“This is a knight’s job, not a princess’. I’d be only worried that ye will hurt thyself.”

“So you assume I cannot defend myself? This quest cannot be carried upon only your shoulders. I too hope to revitalize the world, and at this time of urgent need and attention, it is better be slowed down by ally than to die alone with nobody to plant your seed.”

“Why then, I must thank ye for correcting me. You may assist me on my quest. We leave when dawn strikes the horizon with its orange rays.”

“Aye.” With that, Yggdrasil left to prepare for the journey ahead.

Nidhogg watched her until she disappeared from sight. “O, Such grace and beauty! I cannot afford such danger to touch her. But why, must I ask myself? She holds much power, to sweep me off mine feet and let me fly. She represents all of heaven, an angel of the earth! I cannot, I mustn’t let her slip unto darkness; that shall be my vow. O dear goddess earth! Lend me thine ear and hear my pains. Why must you force so hard a time on us, and let one to solve all problems? Thou curses are wretched; to let love blind me. Alas, I must keep dear Yggdrasil safe. As of current, my only fear I hold in my heart is that I’ll never find the chance to confess my feelings towards that fair princess, and that she will disappear before I get the chance to hold her in my hands and comfort her fragile heart.”

Chapters:
Chapter1: Find hope! Let’s go unto the unknown world
Chapter2: We must depart! This is but the beginning
Chapter3: Pushing the limits? We mustn’t, it is not wise
Chapter4: Lost! No light to guide thee, no hope to be found
Chapter5: Onwards! We must move on
Chapter6: Revitalize! At last, the world is at peace

---

If you really don't understand what this is about, it's a story of Global Warming involving the World Tree, Yggdrasil, and the dragon who eats its roots, Nidhogg. :]

Tell me what you think and I'll post the next chapter. ;D

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female
Number of posts : 11036
Status : I'll be by your side forever, so smile on and ever~
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

[Have hope] Empty Re: [Have hope]

Post by Iris Sat May 09, 2009 8:54 pm

IT. IS. AWESOME. NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE. :O
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female
Number of posts : 10196

https://awesomesauce.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

[Have hope] Empty Chapter2: We must depart! This is but the beginning

Post by AmyFawkes Sat May 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Yay. Glad you like it. ;D

Chapter2: We must depart! This is but the beginning

Yggdrasil looked out unto the distance, where the black skies were being lit up by the peeking rays of the orange sun. “Has the time arrived that we must depart? Dawn is approaching. O, what terror! What lies ahead? What will trouble us? I fear what may happen. I am merry for I shall be accompanied by the one who holds my heart, yet will he think of me as only a nuisance? I swear by my love that I will protect him. I am stronger than I appear; why doth he look so lowly upon me? Is it because I am a woman? We are all human, and in this time we mustn’t mistrust one another. O, dear goddess Nature! Why do you distribute so much pain? It is in all of us, this love. Alas, Cupid’s vision is still yet muffled. He shoots us all so blindingly that it may lead us to eventual death; being pierced through the heart with such a sharp arrow. O, my dear Nidhogg, I pray for the safety of us both. I just yet fear that we will eventually become lost in the forest of many spirits, and be drowned in their sea of tears.”

Yggdrasil traveled out to the center of the marketplace. Nidhogg was there, looking around for her. She waved silently.

“Ah, Yggdrasil! You hath arrived,” Nidhogg smiled. In a rather hushed voice, he said, “Make haste, we must hurry. With such conditions the country has forbid the citizens from leaving. While the city sleeps we must run; let you say your farewells.”

“I need not to bid any one person farewell; our city cares not about us but our rulers who matter the most yet do nothing,” Yggdrasil said in response. “Let us depart; the eyes of the city are winking awake. We do not want any unwelcomed travelers.”

“Halt!” a deep voice sounded. “Stand and be recognized!”

“It seems we are already caught,” Nidhogg whispered. He turned around. “Run for it, Yggdrasil. I swear by it that I will make it as well. Quick, the other guards will be roused from this commotion.”

“I cannot abandon ye,” Yggdrasil said, also turning around. “O gallant knight, I go under the name of Yggdrasil.”

“What business doth thou have with this criminal?” the knight said.

“Criminal? You call this man a criminal? What have he wronged?” Yggdrasil demanded. In all of her life, she has never considered Nidhogg a criminal. She had grown up with him; she had accompanied him day and night. Never had he committed a crime, at least none she has heard of. If he ever had committed sin, it was she who committed it with him. If he was a criminal, she was as well for all of his doings was hers as well.

“He hath stolen food from many, he hath escaped exile.”

“You call those crimes!? Those are only but the most pathetical things I’ve heard to make someone into a criminal! I shoulds’t be calling thee a criminal for thou false accusing!”

“This is not false accusing. It is in this boy’s records.”

“Then put them in mine as well! He is only but my dearest friend and I will not have him be a criminal while my record is clean! What he is accused of I have done so alongside him. He is not the slightest bit sinful; I am the one who dare defies god. So let him go, take me to exile instead. I will not have him die; he is the one who wishes to revive this world and I will not permit you to stop his quest.”

“Yggdrasil! What do you speak…?” Nidhogg asked, shocked. He hadn’t expected her to do such a thing.

“Only the truth,” Yggdrasil said lowly.

“Lies!” the knight said. “You are woman, it is impossible for you to do such things.”

“Oh? I am a woman, so I am not allowed to commit sin? Why must men look so lowly upon the opposite gender? Such disgrace! We are all the same species and you look lowly upon those of lower rank than you? For all you know, I could very well be much stronger than you, you toothpick! Do not underestimate me; I am not frail. I do not break as easily as other women. If you choose to fight, do as your will wishes. Thou art a villain. I will not fight, for words are more painful than a stick to the heart; these weapons will pierce your heart and will leave an unbearable scar that you must suffer with. I hope I have left you immobile, so thus I shall leave this city and never return. We will find a better place to live. So now, dear Nidhogg, let us depart and leave this dead city behind us.”

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Sat May 09, 2009 9:14 pm

That guard is insane. D:

Shakespeeeaare. Very Happy
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

[Have hope] Empty Chapter3: Pushing the limits? We mustn’t, it is not wise

Post by AmyFawkes Sat May 09, 2009 9:27 pm

I love the monologues. Very Happy

Yes... sexist much.

EDIT: I tend to change the titles of the next chapters a lot. xD

Here's chapter 3. It's short, but it shows how naive Nidhogg. Very Happy

Chapter3: Pushing the limits? We mustn’t, it is not wise

“O, Nidhogg, the day is late and even the sky is falling asleep. Shall we rest and continue on tomorrow, when light is to be seen and our path is visible?” Yggdrasil asked, walking rather slowly.

“Only if thou wish it be. But we must continue on, we have no time to waste. Our air can very well run low; there are no living trees to support us on our journey. Our quest can very well have a time limit and I will not stop to simply rest, for those who lay down in the time when thou needs’t continue will never get up.” Nidhogg said, walking on with unfaltering speed.

“Aye, like those who run away from war of no reason? Yet we are not in war, unless you count our travel a war against the world.”

“Our bodies contain our limits, and I still have not met mine, so I shall continue.”

“But pushing thou body too far will only make thee become unaware: when trouble attacks we will not be ready. It is the more wise decision to sleep.”

Nidhogg paused in his tracks. “Aye. You are correct, let us make camp.”

Last edited by AmyFawkes on Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Tue May 12, 2009 12:05 pm

YAY NEW CHAPTER. Very Happy

Your writing is too awesome. D:
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Tue May 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Nay, 'tis not but just simple fun! I just happen'd to be feeling the way of writing a piece using this language, and thus I did! Is there something odd about my motivations?

;D
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Tue May 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Wow... you're good at shakespeare writing.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Tue May 12, 2009 10:26 pm

Am I? I think not.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Tue May 12, 2009 10:42 pm

.....okay that's getting annoying.
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Wed May 13, 2009 6:17 pm

xD

I just feel like talking that way randomly. xD

You're lucky I'm not in a shakespeare mood right now. xD
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Mon May 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Yeah...
WHEN'S THE NEXT CHAPTEEEEER? :O
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Tue May 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Soon. I've got so much work I have no time to make it. D:
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

[Have hope] Empty Chapter4: Lost! No light to guide thee, no hope to be found

Post by AmyFawkes Fri May 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Huzzah, short chapters.

Chapter4: Lost! No light to guide thee, no hope to be found

Nidhogg roused early in the morning. “Yggdrasil, rise. We must leave.”

Yggdrasil also woke up to the light peeking on the horizon. “Aye.” She got up and packed. “Yet where shall we go? The path is yet undiscovered, and the light of the morning star is not here to guide us.”

“We shall push forth, and only hope we head towards the place where the leaves feed us air.”

“But where shall the place be?”

“Somewhere unknown.”

“If it is unknown, how shall we find it? Shall we waste our time playing around and pretending to save the world, while we kill our souls in attempt to pursue our dream and quest? We bequeath’d this upon ourselves. Do you not intend that we carry out our quest and show the world what us rebels can do?”

“I do not intend any of that. I just find that I have no idea where I shall head; our path is masked for great mother Earth doth not want us to seek out salvation and forces suffering upon our species. Regardless, somehow we will find our way. It is fate that we were assigned this role, and it shall be destiny that we carry it out.”

Spoiler on next chapter.
Spoiler:

AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

[Have hope] Empty Chapter5: Onwards! We must move on

Post by AmyFawkes Mon May 25, 2009 6:25 pm

onoes! Triple post! That isn't good. o.o

Chapter5: Onwards! We must move on

Yggdrasil continued to drag on, following Nidhogg not so close behind. In fact, she was far off, so Nidhogg had slowed his pace to make sure she didn’t lose herself in the abyss. Even now, at this time, when he tried to say his strongest, his breathing was rather heavy.

The air had truly run so low that they couldn’t even breathe. No trees were even present to give them air, other than the dead branches that stood still as the two of them passed.

Yggdrasil collapsed to the ground. “Nidhogg, I beg of you! Please, let us stop for today. I am tired. My soul is haunted by the spirits I breathe in. I am scared by the breaths full of silence, for I fear that I will soon be muted as the souls of this forest have. Their feelings and hearts have touched mine, and every time I exhale, it feels as if they are trying to rip my heart out of my chest.”

“O Yggdrasil, I urge you, push forth! We mustn’t give up, especially now!” Nidhogg said, “In this time, in this setting, in this world, if we lay down now we shall never rise again! Do not be like those buried under weather and time, those which decided to rest and never awoke from their dream; no, be strong. You have pushed me when I gave up, you have stopped me when I was weary, you gave me advice when I was unsure, and you gave me courage to continue! You cannot falter on me now; else this world will falter on us.”

“If I were to lay down, what will you do? Will you, too, lay down?”

“Nay, I shall take you and carry you to the place where we may live, even if it is your corpse I carry. I intend to keep you alive; I intend to keep you from harm; that was my vow.”

“O, but I fear the last grains of the hourglass have been at the bottom for much to long. I fear that my time has already passed, and that nature cannot preserve me much longer. I fear that I will never be able to say my last words.”

“And I fear now that I won’t be able to say my last words to you, before you fade into time.”

Yggdrasil looked down, her head tired from being held up. “Then, will you say it to me now, before the time has passed that you can only say it to my seed?”

Nidhogg kneeled down to Yggdrasil. “Aye, I shall confess these words. I hoped never to say this in such a time of need; I had hoped to say this when the world was revitalized.” Nidhogg picked up Yggdrasil head, making their eyes meet. He saw that in her eyes was a desperate call for help, and her skin was cold and pale. “I cannot say the words. If the world were still yet living though, I would give thee an Arbutus flower.”

“An Arbutus flower?” Yggdrasil questioned. “A flower which means… “Thee only do I love.” Dost thou…?”

“Aye,” Nidhogg said, turning away for he was embarrassed.

Yggdrasil smiled. “There is nothing to fear. In truth, I too would be afraid to tell you the same, and most probably would give you a Gardenia flower to express my feeling.”

““I love thee in secret?””

“Aye. It seems we have the same feelings for eachother.”

“Aye… it seems so.” Nidhogg stood up. “With that, we shall continue our journey together. I shall not abandon you. If you sit here, I will sit with you.”

Yggdrasil looked down again. “But… I fear I may not sit… I believe my soul is already fading.”

Nidhogg looked fearful. “Prithee, do not lose hope. We must continue before the night swallows us once more.”

“My most sincere apologies… I cannot.”

“I shall stay by your side then. I won’t continue on; it’d be pointless if I were to go on without you.” Nidhogg said, and thus knelt by her side and held her.

“Dear Nidhogg, I do not ask for you to stay. I do not want you to stay here in this dead area. I want you to carry my seed further down the path. I know it may be dangerous, but it is you who dared take this destiny.”

“But I can’t become a traitor and let you die: I urge you to push on.”

“I have tried and it is now the time I shall sleep.”

“Please, keep going. It is you who has guided me through this forest. I will be lost without you; in this cruel world and in mine own.”

“Further down the path, the world is still yet unknown; we know naught of what lies ahead yet we still venture on. I urge you, for my own sake, continue on. It is not mine own decision that I fade away from memory, but mine own decision to say my last words. So let me tell ye: Further down the path, the trees aren’t dead.” Yggdrasil said. “I know that goodbye is the saddest word in the world… so instead I’ll say this: I am gracious that you entered my life, and thus… Good night.” She smiled her last and looked into Nidhogg’s eyes. The tears started flowing out, and thus she closed her eyes. Her breath ceased and she went completely pale.

Nidhogg wept. “Yggdrasil…” he moaned. “Yggdrasil, do not leave…” he cried, knowing that she hadn’t left the world just yet. “Stay by me. Prithee…stay.” He held the corpse tighter. His grip tightened and the body burst into many fragments of lights. Nidhogg looked up, his face wet. The lights gathered into a small orb and landed in his hand, where it solidified into a seed.

Nidhogg stood up. “…I will continue, for you, my dear Yggdrasil,” and with that he pushed forth.

Good night… a small voice whispered, and thus faded away.

---

I cried while writing Yggdrasil's death. D:

I think there's only one chapter left. :]

AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Thu May 28, 2009 3:19 pm

...it's sad. D:
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 pm

YES IT IS. D:

I'll write the nest/maybe last chapter sometime this weekend.
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Thu May 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Yaaaaaay. :O
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Thu May 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Nidhogg's tears will water the world tree. Very Happy
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Fri May 29, 2009 1:36 pm

....I don't know whether to say "aww" or "yay" Very Happy
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Fri May 29, 2009 4:01 pm

SAY YAWW! xD

I imagine it doesn't bloom, and then he cries, his tears touch the seed and it bursts out of the soil and grows into a big tree in no time. Very Happy
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 pm

...yawww. Very Happy
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Fri May 29, 2009 10:16 pm

Yay. Very Happy
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

[Have hope] Empty Chapter6: Revitalize! At last, the world is at peace

Post by AmyFawkes Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Chapter6: Revitalize! At last, the world is at peace

“So much wrong was sprouted on this wretched journey!” Nidhogg shouted to nothingness, releasing his anger along with his life. His air was abandoning him; he had to find a place where the trees grew else he’d die. “I hadn’t intended to kill dear Yggdrasil, I hadn’t intended to die alone, I hadn’t intended to be abandoned, I hadn’t intended to do any of this treachery! What have thou wronged in this world to have so much torture forced upon thine already dying soul? Who hath decided to put my angel in heaven? When will I find peace? Where will this cruel world find a place in time to also lie down and disintegrate? Why am I the one who feels the most suffering? Life simply is not a game! I cannot die and be reborn to start over again! I cannot fend myself; I am too weak. When somebody plays a game, they get addicted. It is so similar how people love their life so much they cannot let go of it. Yet I hate life! I’ve so much spite to its cruel sadistic game! I wish to die and stay forever with my Yggdrasil in paradise. Yet, to grant her wishes, I must continue this grueling journey. I am chained to one fate that I shoulds’t escape, yet I cannot for I am forever bound.”

Nidhogg pushed forward, holding the seed tightly in his hand as he trudged onward. “Dear Yggdrasil, lend me thine ear and hold my pains. I cannot live without you; you must grow for the sake of our people. Yet they have abandoned us, we cannot abandon them. Our hearts are too pure that we cannot let others suffer. It’s cruel, the nature that we were granted,” Nidhogg mumbled to the seed. He knew that her spirit followed him, and she was willing to listen to his troubles.

Soon, it could not be helped, and he could no longer voice his troubles to the one he loved. He had to bottle up his feelings for there was not a soul who could listen to his thoughts. He felt he could no longer continue, but he kept on walking to reach his goal.

He would not give up.

Not now. It was indeed too harsh a time, but when you are reaching for a destination, you must keep continuing else you’d fall. You’d fall behind, you’d fall down, you’d fall. Everything would just fall if you fell. He knew that, and he wasn’t quite ready to give up.

Nidhogg took a breath. It was a bit easier this time. Below him, he felt the dirt ground smooth on his feet, instead of the usual rocky path he stepped in. He opened his eyes. He saw below his feet were little blades of grass tickling his ankles. In the distance, out of all of the dead black trees, far away, he saw a small patch of green. Green trees stood in the horizon.

He had found hope.

With newfound energy and newfound hope, he ran as fast as he could, toward the greenery. Clutched tightly in his hand was Yggdrasil’s seed. Don’t worry, Yggdrasil! I’ll plant you…just you wait. We have found hope.

Arriving at the small clearing, he took a deep breath. It was probably the best air he had inhaled in years. A small stream ran at the edge of the field. Nidhogg sat down and immediately drank out of the freshwater river. Rejuvenated, he found a small spot in the center of the clearing. The spot was perfect to plant Yggdrasil’s seed. He kneeled down and dug a small hole, put the seed in, and watered it.

Usually, when the earth accepted somebody’s seed, they grew to a full tree within minutes. Yggdrasil’s seed didn’t grow. Nidhogg stared anxiously. “Come on…” he urged desperately, “grow, Yggdrasil… grow….”

The tree didn’t grow. The only sound was the wind rustling the green leaves and the rush of the small stream. He didn’t hear the tree sprouting, he didn’t hear the roots spreading, he didn’t hear her growing. It wasn’t right… not at all.

“Grow, Yggdrasil, grow…!!” He said, tears swelling up in his eyes. No, no, no! She’s supposed to grow! She’s supposed to revitalize this world! She isn’t supposed to die… again…

The tears started flowing out. “Grow…” Nidhogg whispered softly.. His tears hit the seed. One by one, they fell onto Yggdrasil’s corpse.

The little patch seemed to glow a radiant yellow. Nidhogg opened his eyes, dried of all of his tears. A little tree grew out of the ground.

Nidhogg stared at it wide-eyed. The tree continued to grow, slower than a lot of other trees, but it didn’t stop.

“Yggdrasil…” he whispered. The moment that the tree heard her name, it exploded with life; its roots spread throughout the clearing and the branched reached towards the sky. It was huge.

“Yggdrasil…” Nidhogg whispered again, “Is this your hope? Is this your love? I suppose you cannot grow as big as your heart.” He smiled. He hugged the tree. “Thank you… for everything.”

He almost felt her hug him back, and they stood in silence. Nidhogg was glad. He had accomplished his quest: he had revitalized the world. Yet… it wasn’t him who did so. It was all thanks to the World Tree, Yggdrasil. She is the one who decided to take this journey and she is the one who grew to give everyone air.

It wasn’t Nidhogg who had saved the world, it was Yggdrasil. Yet, it was with Nidhogg’s help that she had accomplished their goal.

Author’s note: It was really fun writing this! I actually almost cried writing Yggdrasil’s death scene. I loved making it middle-age style of speaking. :]

If you must wonder why I chose Niohoggr (Also known as Nidhogg) and Yggdrasil for my main characters is because I like them. I wanted to make a story having something to do with trees, so I used Yggdrasil. I used Nidhogg because I like dragons, and I knew he was a dragon who ate Yggdrasil’s root, so he’d always be by her.

I was originally planning to add in another scene before I decided that Yggdrasil growing into a full grown tree was good enough. I wanted her to offer to turn him into a dragon and thus he eats her roots because she offers to take care of him because he planted her. I didn’t really see how that would work, so I left it be.

I hoped you enjoyed it. ;D
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:42 pm