Awesomesauciness & Flowers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAT-Type Essays

2 posters

Go down

SAT-Type Essays Empty SAT-Type Essays

Post by Iris Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:09 pm

These types of essays, (at least for me) are really hard to write, because they involve creative thinking, and you don't have much time, and, hello, I don't have much experience? I managed to only write like a paragraph for the below prompt.

----------
We do not take the time to determine right from wrong. Reflecting on the difference between right and wrong is hard work. It is so much easier to follow the crowd, going along with what is popular rather than risking the disapproval of others by voicing an objection of any kind.
-----------------
Is it always best to determine one's own views of right and wrong, or can we benefit from following the crowd? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.

And my reply:
It’s usually a lot easier to give in to peer pressure rather than to think about what you should do, and what is right or wrong. While you can sometimes benefit from following the crowd, and giving in, you should take a stand for what you believe in, at least most of the time. After all, the crowd could be doing something that you would normally consider wrong if you took the time to stop and think about it.

Once in a while, I do a lot of things just by following the crowd because I don’t know if I’m doing the right thing or not.

...and at this point I had no inspiration left to carry on. It's harder than it seems, you know!
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female
Number of posts : 10196
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://awesomesauce.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

SAT-Type Essays Empty Re: SAT-Type Essays

Post by AmyFawkes Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Really, this is your own decision and your own words, what you think is right or wrong. For you, does it seem better to follow the crowd? Why? What if the crowd told you, "Hey dude! We're gonna have a party tonight! You comin?" and you say, "Sure! What is there?" and they say "Oh, there's gonna be wine and alcohol and cigs! You should sooooo come and try it!" Would you go with the crowd then, just to be "cool"? What if the crowd says something you don't like? Would you still go just because everyones there supporting the idea?

Would you stop to think what you are doing? Ask yourself, "is this right?" Or, if you must, wonder what your friends will tell you. I, for example, would tell you, "Everyone's going to that party tonight. Are you going?" and let's say you say, "Yes." I would respond, "I think it's wrong. I'm not going. If you're going, I won't be your friend anymore!" or something like that. I would wonder what my friends would tell me, because they are there for me and are there to make me better and tell me what's right and whats wrong.
I think it's better to think. As I learned in a book (Eldest), the best tool you can have is logic. Think it through. Stand up for yourself and make sure you absolutely won't do something you will regret later. I think thinking it through is the smarter decision, and it's right.

Lol I feel like I just wrote the essay for you. xD You can use that to help, but I'm not sure it's that good. Hope it helps. ;D
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female
Number of posts : 11036
Status : I'll be by your side forever, so smile on and ever~

Back to top Go down

Post by Iris Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:45 pm

That's really good. But short. Toldya they're hard to write. Very Happy

But yeah. Thanks!
Iris
Iris
iAwesome
iAwesome

Female
Number of posts : 10196

https://awesomesauce.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyFawkes Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:51 pm

You forgot to lock this topic lol. xD

This is funny since I'm all talking about right and wrong and thinking about things before you speak and Xochilt is doing none of that in Hidden Gender. xD

Locked. ;D
AmyFawkes
AmyFawkes
iShine
iShine

Female
Number of posts : 11036
Status : I'll be by your side forever, so smile on and ever~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content